Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #341  
Well, VW is coming real fast, the e-Golf was a good seller, the new electric platform are coming early in 2020 and will be a success im sure. The rest of the brands like Audi is on the move, Seat and Skoda will use the same platforms as VW.

BMW small electric car has been very popular for years, quite sure they will be able to make it, the same whit MB.

Volvo are coming and they have a own brand for electric cars called Polestar that looks good, Chinese owned so electric is in focus.

PSA with Peugeot, Citroen, DS and Opel are on the move and probably will make it with no problem.

Renault/Nissan/Dacia has sold EV for years so no problem.

Fiat are in trouble, shown very little interest in EV and will probably struggle hard.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #342  
Toyota needs to move, much talk no cars.

Mazda is very late and struggles.

Honda have struggled for years in Europe, very little sales and says they will have try to do a comeback with EV in 2020 and onwards, if that fails Honda may give up Europe all together.

Subaru I have no clue on.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
Inside The High-Tech TESLA Factory | Mind Blowing Facts - YouTube

I am starting to wonder if the 100 year old car makers have a shot at competing going up against this level of technology? The current dealership scheme of 100 years ago just is not appealing. My 22 year old twins do not need a human to sell them anything if they have all of the facts at their finger tips.

Even if current car makers can give up the ICE mindset can they compete at the factory level? Do they have to money to do this then sell at the price of a commodity?

I have no idea what will win out long term when it comes to batteries, fuel cells, etc or a combination of power sources yet to be invented. The heads of Ford, MB, etc must be spinning at the speed of change that will soon take them out of the game if they do not play catch up to the train that has already pulled out of the station. Clearly the USA is trailing Europe and Asia. Maybe we should not be focusing on each other on the inside and look at what is happening outside of the USA in the rest of the world.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #344  
Dealers will die, online sales of cars will become std on a lot of cars, probaly all of them. Workshops will die off as the need for repairs and service will be low.

The big german and french automakers are quite on the ball, dont think Tesla will knock them out soon. What GM and Ford are doing in the US i dont know, Ford has not been very interested, FCA/Fiat dont seem to have much to offer here i europe and GM is out of the european marked.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #345  
Over 60% of electric energy is created through fossil fuels, specifically natural gas and coal. Are we sure this is a good thing? Trading one fossil fuel for another? One of which is coal? Really?

If it sounds too good to be true...it is.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #346  
Well, a EV dont run on coal, its really the most multifuel cars that exist. And its better to move pollution away from the street.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #347  
Well, a EV dont run on coal, its really the most multifuel cars that exist. And its better to move pollution away from the street.

That's not exactly accurate. Sure, EV does not directly run on coal. Indirectly, it absolutely does. That is the point I was making.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #348  
Since when does the Internet provide facts and figures? As far as selling goes? All about features, interest rate and how much bi-weekly. Many people don't even know how many cylinders their car has, (if any). My Lady friend just bought a new Kia. Bet she doesn't know anything about what's under the hood.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #349  
My point is that EV makes sense, you can close your coal powerplant and replace it with solar panels and all the EV will be a lot more environmental friendly over night, what other cars can do that?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #350  
When the population is controlled by free will, or by nature, we might stand a fighting chance at survival as a species.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.