Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,421  
Canoo signed a contract with Panasonic to supply their batteries. Then I read this from Car and Driver:

‘Canoo said they chose the Panasonic batteries—which will not be the Tesla-specific 4680 format—for their proven reliability.’

Those kids at Tesla need to learn that sharing is caring. I want those honkin’ 4680’s in my Canoo truck. That would alleviate any range anxiety I would have.
You can't even get 4680's in your Cybertruck. It may be years before we see 4680 battery on the market and by then they will be old technology.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,422  
You can't even get 4680's in your Cybertruck. It may be years before we see 4680 battery on the market and by then they will be old technology.
:cool:...... one of the reasons ^ that EV marketing/tech reminds me of cell-phone marketing/tech. A lot.

Rgds, D.

#5,423  
:cool:...... one of the reasons ^ that EV marketing/tech reminds me of cell-phone marketing/tech. A lot.

Rgds, D.
Yes both are lithium rechargeable toys or tools depending on ones view and most drivers with a cell phone will one day own an EV.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,424  
Yes both are lithium rechargeable toys or tools depending on ones view and most drivers with a cell phone will one day own an EV.
Wasn't going so much for "toy" in that post, but rather from the corporate standpoint: high-volume, fast-turnover money-makers.....

IMO, a significant # of urban young cell-phone owners today won't bother owning 4 wheel ground transport (of any type)..... at best, they'll rent.

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,426  
The UK imports the wood / pellets used for energy from other countries, mostly the US and Canada.
Green(back) energy for sure...
Biomass could arguably be the closest thing to “green” energy you will find... provided that you could get it from stump to end use without the losses involved from harvest, transport to plant, then transmission to the user. There’s no such thing as a perpetual motion machine, yet unlike coal, petroleum, lithium, or many other solutions, you can harvest wood sustainably so that carbon in the trees you remove are offset by those which are growing.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,427  
Biomass is a disaster. It pretty much goes along well with this entire thread: mostly marketing hype.
True that. The Boardman fluidized bed coal plant on the Columbia tried to go biomass. They planted thousands of acres of hybrid poplar for fuel, and have recently closed the plant and cleared the poplar plantations. I think the big problem was getting adequate fuel at a profitable price. The plant needed 800 tons a day for full operation.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,428  
Cybertruck? I wouldn’t drive that monstrosity if you paid for it. Bubble truck for me, please.
951DCE92-45E3-47D8-8479-B6601E66AA19.jpeg

#5,429  
Cybertruck? I wouldn’t drive that monstrosity if you paid for it. Bubble truck for me, please.
View attachment 719137
If someone gives you one send me a message I'll come pick it up so you're not so embarrassed with being sitting in your driveway. :) the problem with the canoe is they're not a full scope car company they haven't got their batteries factory going yet.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,430  
Status
Not open for further replies.