Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,591  
We have 2 cans, one for recycle and one for everything else here.
We used to have a lot of "deposits" for glass, bottles etc. but that is loosely followed.
Every Gov and local entity does something different when it comes to recycling, mostly left to the sanitation firms (private).

With Gas prices going up, the working poor and middle class, who can't afford EV gets hit the hardest.
In my area over $4.00 for 89 octane, tolls raised. Not helping anyone but the state who spend like kids in a candy store.

We do have core and environment charges for tires and batteries. Which has led to less tire dumps.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,594  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,596  
How can you afford it

“the cost of power would climb about $20 to nearly $53 per month for a typical household, the Press Herald reported.”
That's before plugging in your Tesla. We don't have the power grid now; how are we going to power all of those cars?
Putting the carriage before the horse isn't going to solve a thing... all that it's going to do is stagnate.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,597  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,598  
That's before plugging in your Tesla. We don't have the power grid now; how are we going to power all of those cars?
Putting the carriage before the horse isn't going to solve a thing... all that it's going to do is stagnate.
Before plugging in a Tesla, the Texas average electric bill is $140 - it sounds about right. Another site said Maine's average electric bill was $70 not $50. Does that sound right?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,599  
Before plugging in a Tesla, the Texas average electric bill is $140 - it sounds about right. Another site said Maine's average electric bill was $70 not $50. Does that sound right?
Probably. Mine generally runs around 30, but I'm cheap. The most expensive thing that I run is om refrigerator... I don't notice much difference when I plug my two freezers in.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,600  
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.