Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#2,293  
Hence no advantage to driving an EV
I think most posting may agree especially when owning good vehicles that should out live us in many cases.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,294  
Well, lets not get the cart before the horse. All these flowery reports of the EV saving the planet but not much on where the dead batteries end up.

Recycling of the batteries should be in the discussion. Any manufacturer of an EV should be responsible for the disposal or recycling of a hazardous material.

Once again, the downstream effect of a mass produced product has environmental consequences.

Citydude, you know something tells me all the recycled, contaminated battery parts won’t end up in downtown LA, they’ll end up in landfills out in beautiful places, like Wyoming, Montana, etc. where all the “unimportant“ people live. :rolleyes:

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,295  
I'm pretty much with you on this one; given the geological history of the Earth we can verify, climate change happens so often it shouldn't be a surprise to mankind today. Measuring Earth's timeline to a human's is rather ridiculous.
Never let a good crisis go to waste

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,296  
Citydude, you know something tells me all the recycled, contaminated battery parts won’t end up in downtown LA, they’ll end up in landfills out in beautiful places, like Wyoming, Montana, etc. where all the “unimportant“ people live. :rolleyes:
You're just as important as anyone else, cheer up!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,297  
I think most posting may agree especially when owning good vehicles that should out live us in many cases.
Vehicles will not outlast the owners in the rustbelt. There are many folks that reside in areas where salt is not spread on the roads. Their experience with vehicles is much different .

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#2,300  
Vehicles will not outlast the owners in the rustbelt. There are many folks that reside in areas where salt is not spread on the roads. Their experience with vehicles is much different .
buickanddeere are you turning into an Elon Musk fan boy?

Sounds like a Cybertruck with it's aluminum casted underside and stainless steel body may be in your future.

Status
Not open for further replies.