Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,391  
You are quite correct, but those who act or think like Prius owners don't really care about the initial cost.
For them, it is often about virtue signaling!
I bought a new Toyota Avalon. 7 years later replaced it with a top of the line Toyota Prius that cost $5,000 less (not counting inflation). I liked the Prius better. Better seating position. Better visibility out for the driver. Better view of instruments. And the Prius used half the gasoline of the Avalon.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,392  
I know two people that drive Priuses. I went to high school with both of them. Both have been life-long environmentalists. Neither one is a snooty doofus.
I used to park my Prius next to my Powerstroke F-250. Each was the best solution for their task.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,393  
I could care less about "virtue signaling" I'm more interested in economics of it. I wonder about people that get so twitter pated about "virtue signaling"
Virtue signaling is everywhere!
Just look around!
It is demeaning of others.
ie: Look here, look at what I am doing! I am so much smarter than others.

You "could care less"?
How much less could you care?
Perhaps you really mean that you .....could NOT care less?

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,394  
I am astounded at the level of knowledge some of you fella's have about why "other people" do what they do, buy what they do, drive what they do, and God forbid, spend what they do... Ya'll should go to work for Bezos, he would pay top dollar for that kind of knowledge.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,395  
I am astounded at the level of knowledge some of you fella's have about why "other people" do what they do, buy what they do, drive what they do, and God forbid, spend what they do... Ya'll should go to work for Bezos, he would pay top dollar for that kind of knowledge.

Do you have your reservation for the Lighting?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,396  
It is called..... being attuned to life's surroundings.
I don't believe that Bezos needs any coaching.
I think he has already set the high bar for business knowledge.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,397  
Just look around!

You "could care less"?
How much less could you care?
Perhaps you really mean that you .....could NOT care less?
No, if i worked at it, i might care less than i do now. To be honest, i could care less if people get all worried that somebody may or may not be smarter the I. The first EV i saw, i talked to the owner about his car, and you know what, he wasn't all about virtue signaling, he was an early adopter that loved the tech, and knew a lot about it. I remember the first muscle car i saw, and guess what, i went over and talked to that person. He didn't buy it to show off, he loved muscle cars and knew alot about them. So you can be all twisted out of shape about what you think people are thinking, that's on you. I mean "you" in the royal sense, not you personally.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,398  
That is the case with Tesla.

Fortunately the Johnny-come-latelies who think they see easy money are spotted by smart money. Stupid money always loses.

EVs don't have to "save the planet" to be justified. That is the hater's criteria. EV only has to be fun.
I have heard more than one person say Tesla doesnt make much off their cars, they make money selling carbon credits to other manufacturers.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,399  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,400  
Just look around!
The grease burners are headed for the scrap yard. I'm sure that makes the fogeys feel insecure, but they will get over it. It was the same with computers 30 years ago, with the early adopters having fun and the vast majority standing around with drool running out of their mouths. Everybody knows the plug-in hybrids are a stopgap - too many parts - but they are better around town vehicles than any ICE car.

Status
Not open for further replies.