Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,631  
People who want to vastly change the way we live unchecked? Take fuel prices up to unaffordable levels? Get rid of American energy jobs?Spend trillions on their unproven facts? Yeah, it definitely occupies some of my mental time.
The ones who drink the environmental catastrophe news down like Woka-Cola scare me a lot more.

Things are not moving so fast that you are likely to be effected in your life time.

For the rest of US -- it is something a "Tragedy of the Commons" thing. You familiar with the "Commons?" It is a concept of shared resources. Since anyone can take from or dump in the common areas (shared land, or water, or air) some folks get greedy and take-take-take, and others are slobs and dump-dump-dump.

Here is the Wiki version >>> Tragedy of the commons - Wikipedia

Most of US can get by fine-or-better by moving past ICE (Internal Combustion Engines) and moving on to Electric Motors. Cheaper, Faster, Cleaner -- all that. Means less taken from the Commons, and less dumped into the Commons. Better for everyone in that regard.

If you stick around with the Olde Skool, and Diesel ICE -- with you as one, or a few does not really matter. Sort of like the Amish with Horses. If we all had horses, we would cover the land in horse ****. But since there are few Amish, it does not really matter Sort of funny for that as culture. Consider India -- they consider themselves imposed upon because they are being "forced" to move on from a culture of Open Defecation. Really, no joke. Someone did a TED talk on that. More Tragedy of the Commons. >>>

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#2,632  
Things are not moving so fast that you are likely to be effected in your life time.

For the rest of US -- it is something a "Tragedy of the Commons" thing. You familiar with the "Commons?" It is a concept of shared resources. Since anyone can take from or dump in the common areas (shared land, or water, or air) some folks get greedy and take-take-take, and others are slobs and dump-dump-dump.

Most of US can get by fine-or-better by moving past ICE (Internal Combustion Engines) and moving on to Electric Motors. Cheaper, Faster, Cleaner -- all that. Means less taken from the Commons, and less dumped into the Commons. Better for everyone in that regard.

If you stick around with the Olde Skool, and Diesel ICE -- with you as one, or a few does not really matter. Sort of like the Amish with Horses. If we all had horses, we would cover the land in horse ****. But since there are few Amish, it does not really matter Sort of funny for that as culture. Consider India -- they consider themselves imposed upon because they are being "forced" to move on from a culture of Open Defecation. Really, no joke. Someone did a TED talk on that. More Tragedy of the Commons. >>>
WOW never before did I see forcing kids to breath my tailpipe emissions was like Open Defecation if not worse.

After listening of that young woman speak I understand why Musk wants to go to India. That is a country that can speak very good English and is educated.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,633  
WOW never before did I see forcing kids to breath my tailpipe emissions was like Open Defecation if not worse.

After listening of that young woman speak I understand why Musk wants to go to India. That is a country that can speak very good English and is educated.
But let’s not ignore the great unwashed there, either. And there’s like a billion of them…

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,634  

You can talk that way about the Amish and their “backward“ ways, but they are arguably the happiest single group of people in the world. Something to be said for keeping it simple, peaceful and natural. All this high tech bullying, calling foes ”racist”, end of the world misery bs is taking its toll on our society.
I have never seen so much anger, hatred, anxiety and despair in this country. It’s alarming.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,635  

Someone drank the cool aid

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,636  
...Get rid of American energy jobs?...
You're pro nuclear (as am I). What do you think that would do to American energy jobs if they went with 250-300 nuclear plants VS the 20,000+ power plants now in the U.S.?

It all depends on whose ox is getting gored, and apparently, in what year it's getting gored, as per our discussions on past fuel prices.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,637  
You can talk that way about the Amish and their “backward“ ways, but they are arguably the happiest single group of people in the world. Something to be said for keeping it simple, peaceful and natural. All this high tech bullying, calling foes ”racist”, end of the world misery bs is taking its toll on our society.
I have never seen so much anger, hatred, anxiety and despair in this country. It’s alarming.

Talk what way about the Amish? I grew up in a mixed Amish-Mennonite-"English" farming area. Still have friends and family in that area and doing those things. Nothing pejorative about it. I am saying that a few folks doing something does little harm. Many folks doing something may be harmful. You follow the difference? My metaphor was to you and some others staying on Diesel. A few folks burning a little diesel do little total harm. Many folks burning burning much diesel harms everyone. Nothing pejorative in that either.

And no one is calling you racist, hateful, etc., etc., either. Sounds like you might be picking up other folks drama and claiming it as towards you? Dunno. From my point of view, we are all in this together. And when one of us or all of us can do better everyone comes out better. Maybe try some longer view perspective? This link below is usually considered a pretty interesting for folks who have read it before. About 100+ years ago, horses (and poop) was considered an unsolvable problem. Cars and ICEs turned out the "solution." Now ICEs are a problem, and time to move on.

Anyway -- Good short read. Called Horses to Horsepower. >>> https://www.accessmagazine.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/07/Access-30-02-Horse-Power.pdf

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,639  
You're pro nuclear (as am I). What do you think that would do to American energy jobs if they went with 250-300 nuclear plants VS the 20,000+ power plants now in the U.S.?

It all depends on whose ox is getting gored, and apparently, in what year it's getting gored, as per our discussions on past fuel prices.

Does not turn out that way -- as far as the Nukes. Only thing 250-300 nukes would get US is Broke.

At this point we have under 100 US reactors and dropping, and many of those are not profitable. We will probably be down to about 50 or maybe less of the existing by 2050, with few-to-none built in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.