Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,441  
I do not know of any USA based car makers buying carbon credits from Tesla.

While your first question is unknowable what we do know is Tesla has raised prices recently by $1,000 or more up to $10,000 per car and they're still booked into the future sales wise.

As to your last question again we have no way of knowing that but Tesla has stated that carbon credit sales are going away and they have not talked about going bankrupt because of it.

Today we all know talking about Tesla's carbon credit income is nothing more than a red herring. They are predicted to double sales or number of units made in 2022 to two million units.
How can a car MFG get carbon credits when to charge said Vehicle it almost always requires fossil fuels?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#3,443  
How can a car MFG get carbon credits when to charge said Vehicle it almost always requires fossil fuels?
From another post it seems to be related to tailpipe emission test results only. From what I have been reading today it seems like the carbon credits helps fossil fuel vehicle manufacturers keep their doors open and not get shut down by the government because of emissions standards. Honda and FCA were the two buying carbon credits from Tesla from a Google search. GM is good thanks to the Volt/Bolt and and Ford learned the carbon credit rules early on it seems. For autos the need to buy carbon credits is quickly becoming a thing of the past because manufacturers are moving to vehicles that meet the federal standard or state standards or merging with other auto makers.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,444  
#3,445  
#3,446  
Last edited:
#3,447  

My son has said that a Volt should work for him because of the distance he drives. I had bought into some of these myths listed here.

If I didn't already have my parts together to rebuild the Leaf I may have went with a late model Volt.

Starting in 2016 or 17 they started shipping with a lithium ion battery good for 53 miles EPA range. Most of my trips are anywhere from 28 to 40 miles round trip which wouldn't be perfect in my case not to ever use gasoline for local trips

One guy that I was talking to had his car for 18 months and burned three tanks of gas. On top of that he charged it with his rooftop solar setup.

Since Nissan bumped our range up to 150 miles with the new battery I'm very pleased with our Leaf but it is not good for your only vehicle. A plug-in hybrid could serve as the only car in the family.

In my area there's next to no charging infrastructure today. But I charge at home and that works out just fine

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,448  
There’s a place I frequently walk. It’s a huge botanical garden. There’s 3 free complementary charging stations for members. I walk 1+ hour. If I can talk my wife into an EV, we could charge while we walk.
Problem is, theyre going to need 50 of them by next year.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,450  
Status
Not open for further replies.