Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#4,361  
#4,362  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,363  
Gale - I haven't been on every page lately.... let me know if this has already been up....

S EV from Benz.

Rgds, D.

#4,364  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,365  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,366  
I glommed thru Thesis Persons scribe on alt nrg you posted last page Gale....

Interesting point towards the end about not standardizing on one nuke design..... but my bigger takeaway was just how easy these rollouts are in PRC....

No enviro assessments..... saves years at least.....

Want to drop a nuke, wind, solar or________ site, wherever...... You oppose this site ? Line up Over Here, and we'll use you as voluntary non-critical landfill....

We (west) still don't get what we helped create.....

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,367  
SEA launches new electric truck small enough for any driver

I am starting to think small EV trucks may become a strong EV market market place for local use service and delivery needs.
It's a pretty old market, at least outside N. America.

Milk float - Wikipedia

A Short History of Electric Vehicles

The second link has a UPS truck, circa 1935.

Web drift.... I was looking for EV use WWII, and some of that is in the second link too...

Early delivery of food etc in high-density areas..... electric is really nice for quiet, esp. if you sleep above a commercial strip.....

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,368  
And KIA is in the race. Coming January 2022 for about $40K

Hello Txdon,
I am curious to see it and experience it First hand, but Txdon I was wondering what is going to be the size of the batteries and how much mileage will they get based on their voltage and current. I would also like to hear about these details.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,369  
Hello Txdon,
I am curious to see it and experience it First hand, but Txdon I was wondering what is going to be the size of the batteries and how much mileage will they get based on their voltage and current. I would also like to hear about these details.
65-70 kWh, 320 mile range if I remember correctly.
77 kWh, 265 mile for the awd.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,370  
Hello Txdon,
There will be several configurations:
"The EV6 uses the E-GMP modular platform shared with Hyundai and will offer single- and dual-motor powertrains, as well as two battery options. The base EV6 will be a single-motor, rear-drive version with a 58.0-kilowatt-hour battery and 160-kilowatt motor providing up to 167 horsepower. Another rear-wheel-drive model will offer a 77.4-kWh battery and 160-kW motor providing 218 hp. Moving further up the lineup is an all-wheel-drive model with 77.4-kWh battery, with a 70-kW motor up front and 160-kW motor in the rear providing a total of 313 hp and 0–60 time of 5.1 seconds. The all-wheel-drive EV6 GT, coming in late 2022, features the same 77.4-kWh battery, with a 160-kW front motor and 270-kW rear motor providing 576 hp and the aforementioned 0–60 time of under 3.5 seconds."

Status
Not open for further replies.