Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#4,412  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,414  
Nice! Can you take a pic of your wall charging system?

It's a very simple charging system. We bought this enclosed 50A receptacle from Amazon (30A-50A is the same receptacle) connected to a 40A breaker. The Model 3 already come with a NEMA-14-50P adapter for its charging cable so that's all we required. Wired a #8 3 conductors (red, black and white + ground) wire from the breaker box to the receptacle. We were already renovating/repainting so make holes in the drywall at the junction of the ceiling and the wall to pass the wire wasn't an issue. Distance was 85' so #8 wire was the recommended size for that distance.

Here's what it looks outside. Notice the lock on the box and around the adapter so it and the cable doesn't get stolen but can easily be removed if we need to bring the cable with us. The 20' cable connects into that adapter.

1631391345664.png

That is beautiful. I'm not sure I am brave enough to drive a red car but I would consider it or the dark blue.

Why is that?

#4,415  
It's a very simple charging system. We bought this enclosed 50A receptacle from Amazon (30A-50A is the same receptacle) connected to a 40A breaker. The Model 3 already come with a NEMA-14-50P adapter for its charging cable so that's all we required. Wired a #8 3 conductors (red, black and white + ground) wire from the breaker box to the receptacle. We were already renovating/repainting so make holes in the drywall at the junction of the ceiling and the wall to pass the wire wasn't an issue. Distance was 85' so #8 wire was the recommended size for that distance.

Here's what it looks outside. Notice the lock on the box and around the adapter so it and the cable doesn't get stolen but can easily be removed if we need to bring the cable with us. The 20' cable connects into that adapter.

View attachment 713041

Why is that?
I don't know. :)

I love the Nissan Leaf Deep Blue Pearl color that was new in 2016. The $2000 Tesla Red option is beautiful but having never owned a red car not sure that it would be a long term preference. Any new Tesla I think I might have it wrapped for protection but don't know the pros and cons or cost.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,416  
LOL, I thought because you meant red cars attracts more cops' attention than other colors. I did look for a protective body wrap and around here, it's 1,800$ for a full front body wrap.

#4,417  
Now at my age 99% of time my max is a +5.

My Leaf is limited at 94 mph but my 150 mile range would drop to 60 miles I expect.

I want a Tesla for safety and FSD.i can't get in a Model 3 because my neck doesn't bend or rotate.

Yesterday I got the Leaf's air bags computer back from getting the crash codes cleared due to it getting totaled. The body work is finished including the paint. Nissan replaced the 30 kWh battery a 40 kWh battery Feb 2020 so if another kid doesn't run a red light at high speed it could be a good daily driver for several years. I drive the wife to work so that's two 30 mile trips. The heat pump is awesome for parked comfort year round.

#4,418  

This is first time drive with any version FSD installed by this relative new Tesla owner.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,419  
Porsche and Siemens break ground on low-carbon e-fuel plant in Chile

This may keep ICE racing alive for a few years until it dies out to EV racers.

At 7.60 dollars a gallon in 2026 in volume production I don't see it coming to USA pumps.

As we baby boomers die so will fossil fuel engines if only due to cost and lack of vehicle demand.
Worth watching, for a few reasons.....

To date, other than the sandbox and sometime S. American dictatorships, USA prices are often the lowest in the World.

Siemens is not known for getting involved in weak Business Cases.

(Create Hydrogen from Wind.... too bad you couldn't do that with PV panels..... :cool:....).

As this is a premium fuel, let's compare to Premium gasoline. Today, Premium is $1.80/L CAD in Vancouver BC.

Time value of Money, yadayadayada...... estimating $2.00/L USD five years out..... it's depressingly sad to type, but, that's not looking so bad..... even w/o considering Covid hyper-inflation....

This one may have legs....

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,420  
Safety Enhancements...... Causing Problems......

Why couldn't somebody have foreseen this ?

Red Barchetta - Wikipedia

:cool: one example of why I was fond of good sci-fi writers.....

Rgds, D.

Status
Not open for further replies.