Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,471  
Rivian’s first production trucks that will be sold to customers rolled off their assembly line yesterday. The first 5 or 6 of them were all a blue color.
Also, a trailer with several R1T’s was seen heading west into Colorado. Guesses were that they are for Rivian’s drive tour, where you reserve a test drive.

Congrats to them actually making it to production, it is tough business to break into.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,472  
Rivian’s first production trucks that will be sold to customers rolled off their assembly line yesterday. The first 5 or 6 of them were all a blue color.
Also, a trailer with several R1T’s was seen heading west into Colorado. Guesses were that they are for Rivian’s drive tour, where you reserve a test drive.

Congrats to them actually making it to production, it is tough business to break into.
That truck looks more like a car. It doesn't even have an 8 ft. bed. They wouldn't get $70,000.00 from me.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,473  
During the meat shortage back in nineteen seventy something horse meat made a brief comeback. I still don’t believe that I’ve had it.

In some countries dogs are a common food source.
Dogs were the only North American indigenous meat animal. Lewis and Clark wintered on dog meat, and Lewis recorded that he preferred it to venison. It's a measure of our wealth that we can afford to ignore meat.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,474  
Dogs were the only North American indigenous meat animal. Lewis and Clark wintered on dog meat, and Lewis recorded that he preferred it to venison. It's a measure of our wealth that we can afford to ignore meat.
Some of that comes down from Biblical times, when Moses and Aaron told the Israelites to eat no animal which doesn’t chew the cud and have a cloven hoof.
That actually made sense, as it ensured animals which were vegetarian and less apt to spread contagious disease. (CWD must not have been around then)

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,475  
That truck looks more like a car. It doesn't even have an 8 ft. bed. They wouldn't get $70,000.00 from me.
Not my cup of tea, either. But if you want to break into the American truck market, you build a 1/2 ton crew cab with a total length of less than 20’.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,476  
I eat lunch once per week with a senior manager of the local electric utility. He says they use a wire made of a steel core and aluminum outer as the primary conductor. Only the service entrance drop is insulated.

The neighborhood feed is usually 900-1000 volts. I find amazing that 20 or so homes can have 200A service from that one wire.
the other side of that is

i got 15000 volts powering 1 xformer powering 1 small house

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,477  
Just about everyone but Americans eats horse. 50 years ago, horse meat was in the butcher case right beside the beef and pork. It's lean, and tender, with a mild, sweet flavor.
best steak i ever had was in central italy some where.

Cavallo!

the italians i worked with came to Chicago every year and we ate at EVERY big time steak house there so i had some basis for comparison.

i asked the waiter in italy........horsey?.....he laughed and said yes and i tried it.

like a rib eye only better.

couldn't stop thinking about mr ed!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,479  
We've got a lot of mustangs looking for homes. How about the slaughterhouse?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,480  
i don't understand your comment, dogs are the only na indigenous meat animal.

there were lots of meat animals here 12000 years ago, until we showed up and ate most of them.

there are still a few now.

Status
Not open for further replies.