Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,131  
I'll be interested if they come out with a king cab version with a 6' bed. I don't want to have to haul a trailer behind me.
That’s why I’ll also keep my Colorado... at least until I can afford something bigger.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,132  
I'll be interested if they come out with a king cab version with a 6' bed. I don't want to have to haul a trailer behind me.
Have you looked into bed extenders. My extender turns my 5' Ranger bed to a 6' 8"bed.

Even without the bed extender it has the new flexbed.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,133  

I guess I need to check out why Sandy is on the warpath.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,134  
Thanks, but it didn't answer my question. For example, it took the gas car 19 hours to go 1000 miles. It takes me 16.5 hours to go 1100+ in my suburban. Why did it take them 2.5 hours longer to go 100 miles shorter in a gas powered car? Because they averaged 52mph. I average 67-68mph on the routes I have to take. So it's not the same comparison that I'm looking for. But again, thanks. (y)
I scanned the video.

The cars took different routes, stopped somewhat randomly for pictures (they had set waypoints they were supposed to hit, but it was mentioned that there were extra stops made) and coffee/food/charging/gas breaks, and while they had a hard top speed they were supposed to observe, it's clear that they weren't doing a cannonball run nor were they trying to get there as soon as possible.

In other words, this comparison isn't worth much.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,135  

Tesla's 2021 3rd quarter conference call summary shows demand outstrips supply yet increased profitable.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,136  
Tesla's 2021 3rd quarter conference call summary shows demand outstrips supply yet increased profitable.
Yeah. I visited a showroom a couple of weeks ago. 2022 Q1 cars are what today's deposit will buy. 2021 is all sold out.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,137  
I scanned the video.

The cars took different routes, stopped somewhat randomly for pictures (they had set waypoints they were supposed to hit, but it was mentioned that there were extra stops made) and coffee/food/charging/gas breaks, and while they had a hard top speed they were supposed to observe, it's clear that they weren't doing a cannonball run nor were they trying to get there as soon as possible.

In other words, this comparison isn't worth much.
They took different route because the charger offered by the Mustang were out of order and they only found out once they reached it. They couldn't make it to the next stop otherwise. In Tesla, you know which stalls are out of order and even how many are occupied right now.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,138  
Yeah. I visited a showroom a couple of weeks ago. 2022 Q1 cars are what today's deposit will buy. 2021 is all sold out.

That's for the SR+, the LR and Performance are still available this year.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,139  
That's for the SR+, the LR and Performance are still available this year.
Maybe the salesman lied to me. I asked about lead time for a Model Y, that's what he replied. I assumed he meant all versions.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,140  

This is why Elon Musk and Tesla are killing the other automakers. Tesla is increasing profitability and sales even with the chip shortage because they're finding alternative chips and rewriting their firmware to support it. If you know what all goes into something that, it's mind blowing they were able to pull it off in the timeframe they did.

When other companies like GM or Ford hit a roadblock they throw up their hands and say "oh well, sucks to be us". When Musk hits a problem he doubles down and finds a solution. It's an entirely different mindset with an entirely different class of employee. GM and their employees want to build cars. Tesla and their employees want to change the world. Much like Amazon, like them or hate them, those are the companies that dominate and make investors rich.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.