Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,191  

This is a stranger that YouTube logarithm popped up today for the first time I've ever heard of him. You can read the comments and you can see they're quite varied on his ability to make investment decisions.

The only reason I'm sharing this link is because some major long-term very wealthy very wealthy investors one in particular has sold Tesla Lock stock and barrel over the wild card going on in Asia right now that could have a significant impact on the sale of Tesla's in asia.

While I do not own stock I would like to buy enough to equal value of a Tesla when we get debt free and save up some money.

Tesla needs China and Taiwan on peaceful terms because they get parts like the rest of the companies that are building cars from those two sources.

All I'm saying is when billionaires exit a company like Tesla in total because of China it is a time for peons to pay attention in my opinion. In 2 years when Germany and Texas is hitting on all cylinders losing the plant in China could be accepted.

#5,192  

Looks nice!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,193  
So fare the Chinese owners of Volvo seems to know that they have very little to offer beside capital and access to China. Volvo can produce cars that are Scandinavian in feel, and appearance. To bad GM destroyd Saab, it was a quite unique brand, Stellantis could have made something with a quirky brand as they own Citroen and Citroen are a quirky brand. GM never understood how to develop a brand, all was about making it so standard as possible.
i've owned saab's and loved them but i've heard that SAAB actually means

some ******* actually boughtone

or

sorry ass automo bile

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,194  
i've owned saab's and loved them but i've heard that SAAB actually means

some ******* actually boughtone

or

sorry ass automo bile
Many years ago, SAAB (which is actually an aerospace manufacturer) made the Model 96 which had a 2-stroke engine for years. It was a competitor to the Volkswagen Beetle....a very simple "People's" car.
When they got "Yuppified", they really kind of went downhill as far as reliability.
I had a Model 96 for a while when I was in the Navy...bought it off a Coast Guard Bo'sun's Mate. It was painted International Orange (paint obviously stolen from the Base) with a roller or paint brush. Looked like a pumpkin on 4 wheels

#5,195  

Skip to 26:25 for a 2 minute demo of a Tesla double pull semi auto docking a trailer

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,196  
The group that bought the remains of Saab minus the name had plans to make it a EV but suppose they were to early to make it happen.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,197  
First time I saw a Saab I was working in a gas station. Owner poured his quart of oil in the gas tank then asked for precisely 8 gallons of gas.

Obviously a 2-stroke, but I hadn't known there were 2-stoke cars before that.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,198  
First time I saw a Saab I was working in a gas station. Owner poured his quart of oil in the gas tank then asked for precisely 8 gallons of gas.

Obviously a 2-stroke, but I hadn't known there were 2-stoke cars before that.
Saab was very much the same as several German brands when it comes to engine in the early days, for example DKW was an an very common car with two stroke, DKW did get rid of the two stroke and now offered as Audi.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,199  
Two stroke rally car
1960-1980-Saab-96-Swedish-Midnight-Sun-Rally-1600x1200.jpg

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,200  
With many unique features.

I read that Saab's control that let the driveline free-wheel on deceleration, was to be used for driving where there could be glare ice. In a front engine car, literally no-wheel-drive when ice was encountered maintained steering better.

My cousin, a first rate auto mechanic (including some world-class racing teams) said no, that's because 2-strokes tend to seize up when pushed too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.