Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,942  
Hypocrites are the enemy of the righteous.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,943  

This is a real EV factor to understand and appreciate.

Our 2016 Nissan Leaf SL was $13,400.00 in Oct 2019 and the 107 mile range was down to 60 miles. 5 weeks later it qualifed for a new traction battery that Nissan said was worth $13,000.00.

Someone at the Memphis regional office seemingly got pissed and the drama started and I learned Nissan was expected to be in bankruptcy court by 2022. This was Jan 2020 at the time.

Due to my research before my purchase I knew to start my claim with a National Leaf rep and that saved the day. 6 weeks later on 12 Feb 2000 I got a call my Leaf was ready with a new 150 mile range. 7 Nov 2020 my daughter was driving it and a 2007 Toyota van ran a red light. Our Leaf impacted it's right rear door and the van slid to a stop on its roof in about 60 feet. We are down to replacing the passenger air bag.to apply for a salvage title.

We found a 2015 mint inside and out with 27K miles in DC (Brandywine MD) that insurance had totalled out because the computer would not boot or take a change.

8 days after we got home with the car came down with what I first thought was a sinus infection from hell due to trouble shooting the parts car. My worst COVID side effect has been blood clots and spent Easter weekend in the heart ward due to 28+ clot fragments in my lungs. Took a 150 mile Thanksgiving trip last Friday wearing my compression stockings and yesterday realized I was dealing with another clot.

Initially I bought the EV to learn more about EVs and to get my son introduced to them from a service side to some degree. I'm getting more experience than I bargained for. :)

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,944  
Do us taxpayers still subsidize each ev vehicle?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,945  

This is a real EV factor to understand and appreciate.

Our 2016 Nissan Leaf SL was $13,400.00 in Oct 2019 and the 107 mile range was down to 60 miles. 5 weeks later it qualifed for a new traction battery that Nissan said was worth $13,000.00.

Someone at the Memphis regional office seemingly got pissed and the drama started and I learned Nissan was expected to be in bankruptcy court by 2022. This was Jan 2020 at the time.

Due to my research before my purchase I knew to start my claim with a National Leaf rep and that saved the day. 6 weeks later on 12 Feb 2000 I got a call my Leaf was ready with a new 150 mile range. 7 Nov 2020 my daughter was driving it and a 2007 Toyota van ran a red light. Our Leaf impacted it's right rear door and the van slid to a stop on its roof in about 60 feet. We are down to replacing the passenger air bag.to apply for a salvage title.

We found a 2015 mint inside and out with 27K miles in DC (Brandywine MD) that insurance had totalled out because the computer would not boot or take a change.

8 days after we got home with the car came down with what I first thought was a sinus infection from hell due to trouble shooting the parts car. My worst COVID side effect has been blood clots and spent Easter weekend in the heart ward due to 28+ clot fragments in my lungs. Took a 150 mile Thanksgiving trip last Friday wearing my compression stockings and yesterday realized I was dealing with another clot.

Initially I bought the EV to learn more about EVs and to get my son introduced to them from a service side to some degree. I'm getting more experience than I bargained for. :)

That story makes me reluctant to look at ev's for a while.

#5,946  
That story makes me reluctant to look at ev's for a while.

It's about the same as if you bought a John Deere tractor. They are not do it yourself type machines hence the video and my story. EVs are not your old Model T. :)

Actually the new ICEV are not much better.

We have been climbing a mountain to get our Leaf back on the road because of the new 40 kWh battery in it.

If this happens again and the battery is okay we'll just turn it into a huge Powerwall. Leaf battery modules are very easy to incorporate into a solar system.

#5,948  

The Great Convergence trigger by Tesla.

"Put all three of these small stories together and what you get is a picture of an auto industry that is converging in on itself. There’s little doubt that some brand names we are familiar with are likely to disappear in the years ahead, joining such illustrious predecessors as Pontiac, Plymouth, DeSoto, Hudson, and yes, Isotta Fraschini. It’s all part of the process known as creative destruction that is at the heart of capitalist theory.
Honda and Toyota are the most likely to disappear, as neither has much of a commitment to electric vehicles in the same way Volkswagen, Ford, and General Motors have. The transition to EVs will be as painful as it is inevitable. What well-known brand names do you think will disappear by the end of this decade?"

#5,949  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,950  
Here in Europe it did looked bad for the Italian brands under the Fiat group, as it is a part of Stellantis group the Italians have got some EV first aid from Citroen and Peugeot so it's hope for them. Mercedes seems much more ahead on Vs BMW, BMW did as Nissan, produced a quite successful model but not really to interested to widen its range before they had to. If we talk pure urban transportation I do think we might get new brands, a lot of creative ideas grow in the shadows of the big brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.