Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#6,061  
They may get it right at some point - but EV is really not all they say. Mining the materials for these batteries is polluting. Disposing of all these massive dead batteries will be a disaster unto itself. The entire process (forcing green before its time) is ideology over logic.
Yes the story of mankind!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,062  

Sam seems to see China in control of the car industry. Conventional car makers in Europe and North America just do not seem to be as driven as China.
Well, so far Chinese EVs have made very little impact in Europe, why buy a Chinese EV when I can buy a VW or something else that has history and a solid organisation behind it? Cheap junk cars are not something people wants and when the Chinese have to compete on the same level the price goes up.

Looked at Chinese EV vans, looks nice but lacks a lot of what are considered normal to day, bare minimum in equipment, not a very nice interior or as a workspace. I'm quite sure any European products could be cheap it they return to the level that was standard twenty years ago.

#6,063  
Well, so far Chinese EVs have made very little impact in Europe, why buy a Chinese EV when I can buy a VW or something else that has history and a solid organisation behind it? Cheap junk cars are not something people wants and when the Chinese have to compete on the same level the price goes up.

Looked at Chinese EV vans, looks nice but lacks a lot of what are considered normal to day, bare minimum in equipment, not a very nice interior or as a workspace. I'm quite sure any European products could be cheap it they return to the level that was standard twenty years ago.
Per Elon Musk the only place that you can get everything you need to build an EV is in China. China owns several of the European car names from yesterday and per Sam's video China plans to start building Volvos and Polestars in the USA. I read Tesla built in China cars are preferred over Tesla's built into USA!

Perhaps Sandy Munro is right about China owning the world EV market. I think he stated that he has had his teams over there about five different Chinese EV builders off and on for the last 5 years off and on so I assume he knows more about the EVS that will be coming out of China. Munro expects China EV makers are going to come with quality EVs in time like Japan did 50 years ago with ICE vehicles.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,064  
I do believe Tesla has had serious quality issues when it comes to fit and finish, wonder if the Berlin factory can do better, the big three German brands have sett a high standard.

And I don't think China will be allowed to take over, why should we let them? What is to gain from that? We should focus on make us far less dependent on a dictatorship with world power ambition.

An easy way is to demand local production with 80% local produced parts, you must always consider any Chinese company to be a political weapon to dominate and destroy all others, China have not had a positive development i later years when it comes to people's freedom and free speech. Unfortunately we in the rest of the world as been blinded by quick profit and a big market.

#6,065  
Unfortunately we in the rest of the world as been blinded by quick profit and a big market.
I know a guy who likes his China tractor. I know two guys that like their iPhones. Farmers can't put out a crop without ChinaChem. In the USA we worship our Harbor Fright and Walmart buying trips and sold China a chunk of our meat packing industry and movie industry. 100% of world vehicles contain China made components. USA and Western Europe don't lead China in space. After Ford's ownership of Volvo it became China controlled. China had the number 1 and 3 largest EV battery makers and control most of the worlds EV battery raw materials.

If Omicron causes China to lock ports and factories we may see supply chain issues on steroids. China controls the move to EVs inside and outside of China by default and the world's rush to EVs insures China's financial success in the EV space I expect.

The 40 and younger shoppers only have known the booming China shipping us high end electronics. Today's Chinese have been trained in part by western based universities.

In 9 years half of new car sales will be EVs and that can't happen without China doing the heavy lifting. EV makers who don't have their battery factories on line yet will miss most of the EV evolution.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,066  
Patterns.....

We underestimated them in Electronics. They took the market.

We underestimated them in Consumer Goods. They took the market.

100 years ago, you could get a T, so long as it was Black....

For much of the NA Masses today, if you are compelled to buy an EV, it will be Red.

I usually recognize the Pattern.... but I don't have to like it....

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,067  
The entire process (forcing green before its time) is ideology over logic.
Made possible by:

Scientific and industrial-process illiteracy, in the West.

Ignorance is Bliss.....

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,068  
Again, it’s a losing proposition for America.
We lose our energy sector AND we will lose what little remaining car manufacturing sector we have to countries that don’t really like us.
Its not worth giving all that away.

Slowing the rush to forced EVs gives us a chance to catch up and realize we can’t import everything. Not forcing EVs would also preserve what we have.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,069  
Yes. Environment concern continues to keep Tesla banned from starting production in their new German gigafactory.

China seems to be keeping the disasters in poor 3rd world countries.

The saving Grace of the EV industry pollution is that it seems to be much much less than the fossil fuel industry and it's usage that is happening inside the borders of the USA.

I can just see the commercials in the future shaming the EV manufacturers for lithium, cobalt, etc. pollution and batteries polluting this or that water source or the amounts of petroleum spilled in making plastics for the cars and batteries.. It’s not going to be the utopia the EV pushers imagined.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,070  
A good friend lives in California, he's 63. A month ago tells me "You need to move up to the 21st century. I'm buying bitcoin since it's approaching $70K". Yes...he has an EV.
I see so many reactionary things like that without pausing a few minutes to sort things out. What's the purpose? The ramifications?
The agenda of those involved, manufacturing to sales. Who benefits?
Thinking & research is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.