Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,042  
The average income of a Tesla owner is $150k. Average household income is half of that. These are not for the masses.
I've seen all demographics at Tesla supercharging stations.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,043  

This explains why magnesium is replacing aluminum casting in EV parts going forwards.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,044  
The average income of a Tesla owner is $150k. Average household income is half of that. These are not for the masses.
EVs can't be for the masses because so few exist today. I stopped considering the 2023 Toyota RAV4 plug-in hybrid when the 2023 Tesla Model Y Dual Motor Long Range became cheaper in price plus Toyota does not have the FSD option. I expect several will go for a $25K Tesla as EV prices continue to deflate.

Plus I ordered the Tesla 14 Jan 2023 and picked it up on 20 Jan 2023 and 22K miles later I am still Fat Dumb and Happy with my Tesla. I have not even done the first oil change yet. Oh the FSD option is worth the $200 monthly fee in my case. It's like cruise control on steroids. 🙂

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,045  
Wrong again.
Tesla Y best selling
Also better to use our tax dollars for EV's than giving to Ukraine or Israel or any other blood sucking country.

P.S. Thanks for your contribution to my awesome Tesla!
True, but I’m not sure if either of those options are exactly though of as “money well spent”.

Kind of like saying, “you have 2 choices, I can punch you in the ribs or punch you in the eye”

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,046  
What was your second best? A K-car? Yugo? :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

That question is a good one. I have had a Lot of cars and I was thinking about how they compared and have to say I like this model Y a lot.... but under 10000 miles by no means is a long ownership.
The best cars I have owned no particular order. Several 1964-1967 Intermidiate Buick and Pontiacs Skylarks, Specials, and GTO's. the 1996 Chevy LT1 Police Caprice 9C1 rates way up there for a hiway long distance car as well.

The absolute worst cars for stranding me for maintenace problems VW Rabbits. The best little front drive cars were the Honda Civics especially Accord LX's and were nice cars as were the Mazda rotarys. Firebirds rate up there as well but not a good winter car.

ps. We checked out a Yugo new car lot once in the summer, and several were missing side mirrors and we noticed traces of glass shards under where the mirrors were.

Turns out they glued them on and in hot weather the glue would soften up and they would just fall off.
The Yugoslavians borrowed the Fiat 128 design, but built a very inferior copy. We had a 128 my dad bought new and it was a very good economy car and did exeptionally well in the snow. Better than the Rabbits Civics, Tercel, Geo, Sunbird Citation, Grand Ams , Grand Prix.

The Model Y is great in snow but Tesla could learn how to fasten on mud flaps better, I tore them off yesterday delivering grain where I had not cleared some snow.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,048  

Do you ever stop for a moment to think that your views on EV’s very much reflect your lifestyle, age, income, employment, etc and maybe not the average American who can no longer afford food or their mortgage?

I mean this respectfully, but at the same time, the EV craze has really hit a wall and sales are in the tank. Shifting political winds may also affect their viability.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,049  
Why do you think one without money for food or a roof over their is reading your post or have an interest in tractors?

You are reading here because your interest in current and future EV options or did you make a clicking mistake?

Where did you get the idea that EV sells are on the decline?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,050  
Why do you think one without money for food or a roof over their is reading your post or have an interest in tractors?

You are reading here because your interest in current and future EV options or did you make a clicking mistake?

Where did you get the idea that EV sells are on the decline?
"Electric vehicles (EVs) are piling up on car lots across the country as the green revolution hits a speed bump, data show.
EV inventories have increased by 506% from a year ago, with EVs sitting on lots for longer, according to CarGurus’ October report, released this month. EVs sit on the market an average 82 days versus 64 days for gas-powered vehicles, it said. In response to slowing demand, automakers like Ford and GM are cutting production."
.....USA Today

Where were the government incentives (tax rebate...whatever anyone wants to call it) for cars getting people to transition away from horses? The (rebate, tax refund, whatever you call it) is for what purpose? Still, people think EVs are for the wealthy which isn't true since there's an upper AGI limit where the refund money stops...so those taxpayers are paying via taxes to those who do qualify.
Why the upper AGI limit? Why punish those and reward lower income recipients?

I'll never own a helicopter and don't believe discussing them makes one ignorant.

Forbes:
"Cox Automotive's Electric Vehicle Sales Report for the third quarter was released last month. The report stated that Tesla's market share has fallen to 50%, which is the lowest on record, and down from nearly 65% in the same quarter last year.Nov 17, 2023."