Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,551  
No, I said Ive driven one, never owned it. How costly is supercharging to add 200 miles?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,552  
Consumer Reports podcast on the New Blazer EV.
Rides like crap the most vague steering in years, suspension noises, Gutless compared to other EV's Software nightmare etc. etc.

This is why a GM EV Is not a Tesla EV.

This is why GM should have spent 2 years of Superbowl EV ads $$$ on making the actual vehicle usable.
Blazer EV is currently under a Stop Sale by GM.
GM will not be wasting money on EV Superbowl ads this year.

At least the Blazer did not strand the testers like it did to Inside EV's Reviewers

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,553  
No, I said Ive driven one, never owned it. How costly is supercharging to add 200 miles?
Depending upon your state of charge and the supercharger rates, its been from $12-19 for me to charge from 10%-80%

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,554  
Consumer Reports podcast on the New Blazer EV.
Rides like crap the most vague steering in years, suspension noises, Gutless compared to other EV's Software nightmare etc. etc.

This is why GM Is not a Tesla EV.

This is why GM should have spent 2 years of Superbowl EV ads $$$ on making the actual vehicle usable.
Blazer EV is currently under a Stop Sale by GM.

That's why you don't buy an EV from a car company that does it half-azzed. The GM Bolt I have is a good car for what it does. Wouldn't not attempt to drive it beyond it range and try charge on the road.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,555  
I mean, I don’t dislike EVs. But I sort of feel like if you don’t like everything about them, you are seen as an EV hater. If you ask probing questions, instead of blindly following, you are anti EV. Reminds me of vaccines and climate change actually. I still can’t save enough $$ with fuel savings to cover the purchase price, since I never buy new... Probably one reason I can retire at 47.

If I could buy a low mileage AWD EV with a REAL 250+ mile range for under $30k… Id buy one. I’d still keep an ICE quite honestly. But I’d own one. I just can’t purchase that vehicle today. A RWD vehicle isn’t a good only vehicle in the snow and ice belt, so maybe 50% of the country. So, that is a consideration, the cheapest RWD models just won’t work.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,556  
I mean, I don’t dislike EVs. But I sort of feel like if you don’t like everything about them, you are seen as an EV hater. If you ask probing questions, instead of blindly following, you are anti EV. Reminds me of vaccines and climate change actually. I still can’t save enough $$ with fuel savings to cover the purchase price, since I never buy new... Probably one reason I can retire at 47.

If I could buy a low mileage AWD EV with a REAL 250+ mile range for under $30k… Id buy one. I’d still keep an ICE quite honestly. But I’d own one. I just can’t purchase that vehicle today. A RWD vehicle isn’t a good only vehicle in the snow and ice belt, so maybe 50% of the country. So, that is a consideration, the cheapest RWD models just won’t work.
I've given up debating the EV freaks. Like you said, they will go to any length to prove you wrong, or at least try to prove you wrong and if they can't they just call you a Maga ***** loving idiot.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,557  
I mean, if adding 200 miles is $15-20… that’s on par with my ICE at the moment. Which is why my choice to purchase cannot be based on fuel savings. Half of our driving is long range, so that could diminish savings since I’d only charge it at home for the first half of the drive. The other half of our driving we could charge at home on 220V

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,559  
An EV rated for 325, is realistically also what, 70% of that? One of my best friends says he was told not to discharge below 10%, above 80% and Supercharge as little as possible to preserve the battery health. That range is also affected by hot and cold temps for heat and AC to a larger degree than an ICE will be.

You are looking at an effective range of 260, and then you need to find a charging station. If you want to charge, and go quickly, it has to be a supercharger? It’s not a 5 minute stop, is it? And I have to hope the place I stop has an open charger, or else I wait for it. A gas pump opens after 5 minutes or less. A supercharger won’t until the family finishes lunch or dinner or shopping.
Ready for this? Gas Station Fallacy.

The point of a 325 mile range battery is that it charges an additional 150 miles of range faster than a 260 mile battery.

You continue to suffer from believing The Gas Station Model in thinking one drives the full rated range of an EV before charging. Of doing the exact same thing as with an ICE. Fallacy.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,560  
You are commenting with little to no experience with a Tesla.

Guarantee you that when fueling your ICE it takes about the same or longer unless you leave you car parked at the pump while you run inside to do something.
Lives in a fantasy world of near instantaneous refuelling. Has never timed from the moment one deviates from route to refuel until one has returned to the route.