Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,331  
From the article:
From the article:
The data excludes Tesla, Rivian and other automakers that sell directly to consumers rather than through franchised dealers.

Please don't cherry-pick to booster the EV. The entire paragraph is referring to the table above it which is a listing of the number of days the EVs sit at a dealership's lot. Tesla does not have dealership lots because they sell direct. Of course their data was left out of the chart - no dealer lots.
The entire paragraph is:
From the article:

"The available inventory of EVs in the U.S., measured in days’ supply, has ballooned to 136 days, according to Cox. That compares to the overall U.S. industry at a 78 days’ supply of new vehicles. The data excludes Tesla, Rivian and other automakers that sell directly to consumers rather than through franchised dealers."

The data presented is:

"Days of EV inventory at U.S. auto dealers in February 2024

Average 136(days)
GMC 54.6
Chevrolet 60.2
Cadillac 87.4
Subaru 88.4
Toyota 121.7
Volkswagen 124.7
Mercedes-Benz 126.4
Audi 126.7
Hyundai 135.8
Porsche 146.8
Lexus 150.8
Kia 151.4
BMW 154.1
Nissan 157.9
Source: Cox Automotive"

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,332  
From the article:

Please don't cherry-pick to booster the EV. The entire paragraph is referring to the table above it which is a listing of the number of days the EVs sit at a dealership's lot. Tesla does not have dealership lots because they sell direct. Of course their data was left out of the chart - no dealer lots.
The entire paragraph is:
From the article:

The available inventory of EVs in the U.S., measured in days’ supply, has ballooned to 136 days, according to Cox. That compares to the overall U.S. industry at a 78 days’ supply of new vehicles. The data excludes Tesla, Rivian and other automakers that sell directly to consumers rather than through franchised dealers.

The data presented is:

"Days of EV inventory at U.S. auto dealers in February 2024

Average 136(days)
GMC 54.6
Chevrolet 60.2
Cadillac 87.4
Subaru 88.4
Toyota 121.7
Volkswagen 124.7
Mercedes-Benz 126.4
Audi 126.7
Hyundai 135.8
Porsche 146.8
Lexus 150.8
Kia 151.4
BMW 154.1
Nissan 157.9
Source: Cox Automotive"

No sheet, sherlock.

My point was to clarify that Tesla wasn't part of that group and since Tesla is the leader of the EV market, the title "EV euphoria is dead" was misleading (as usual).

I could give a rip what you drive and I certainly don't need to "booster the EV" as I will be enjoying the best selling vehicle in the world for years to come. :D

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,333  
No sheet, sherlock.

My point was to clarify that Tesla wasn't part of that group and since Tesla is the leader of the EV market, the title "EV euphoria is dead" was misleading (as usual).

I could give a rip what you drive and I certainly don't need to "booster the EV" as I will be enjoying the best selling vehicle in the world for years to come. :D
Maybe not for years to come, maybe not even this year, according to Musk:
From the article:
"Even U.S. EV leader Tesla, which is estimated to have accounted for 55% of EV sales in the country in 2023, is bracing for what “may be a notably lower” rate of growth, CEO Elon Musk said in late January."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,335  
Does everybody hate Elon?

Elon Musk's Mockery Of OpenAI Logo Leads To Users Schooling Him That Tesla's FSD Is A 'Lie Too'​

Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla Inc and SpaceX, on Tuesday shared a controversial image on X, formerly known as Twitter, which is a visual play on words.

What Happened: Musk posted an image with the caption, “The new OpenAI logo is really on point.” The image in question is a calligram, a visual representation of a word, where the word “LIE” is arranged to form the shape of “OPENAI.”

Many users interpreted the image as a suggestion that OpenAI, a company Musk co-founded in 2015 and left in 2018, is not being truthful. However, not all users agreed with Musk’s interpretation.

One user responded to Musk’s post, saying, “Full Self Driving is a lie too. Change the name Elon.” Another user commented, “every tweet like this, another analyst downgrades tesla.”

Why It Matters: Musk’s relationship with OpenAI has been tumultuous. He sued the company in March this year for allegedly betraying the founding principles of the AI startup. OpenAI, in response, expressed regret over the legal dispute with Musk, whom they deeply admired.

OpenAI has also refuted Musk’s claims regarding the existence of a "founding agreement" for the company's non-profit status and the non-disclosure of source code. The company, backed by Microsoft Corporation, stated that there is no agreement with Musk.

“The Founding Agreement is instead a fiction Musk has conjured to lay unearned claim to the fruits of an enterprise he initially supported, then abandoned, then watched succeed without him," OpenAI said.

Musk has repeatedly been bashing OpenAI on his social media platform. Earlier this month, he retorted after ChatGPT-parent some old emails showing the tech mogul was on board with making the company for-profit, saying, “Change your name… To ClosedAI and I will drop the lawsuit.”
Does everybody hate Elon?

Elon Musk's Mockery Of OpenAI Logo Leads To Users Schooling Him That Tesla's FSD Is A 'Lie Too'​

Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla Inc and SpaceX, on Tuesday shared a controversial image on X, formerly known as Twitter, which is a visual play on words.

What Happened: Musk posted an image with the caption, “The new OpenAI logo is really on point.” The image in question is a calligram, a visual representation of a word, where the word “LIE” is arranged to form the shape of “OPENAI.”

Many users interpreted the image as a suggestion that OpenAI, a company Musk co-founded in 2015 and left in 2018, is not being truthful. However, not all users agreed with Musk’s interpretation.

One user responded to Musk’s post, saying, “Full Self Driving is a lie too. Change the name Elon.” Another user commented, “every tweet like this, another analyst downgrades tesla.”

Why It Matters: Musk’s relationship with OpenAI has been tumultuous. He sued the company in March this year for allegedly betraying the founding principles of the AI startup. OpenAI, in response, expressed regret over the legal dispute with Musk, whom they deeply admired.

OpenAI has also refuted Musk’s claims regarding the existence of a "founding agreement" for the company's non-profit status and the non-disclosure of source code. The company, backed by Microsoft Corporation, stated that there is no agreement with Musk.

“The Founding Agreement is instead a fiction Musk has conjured to lay unearned claim to the fruits of an enterprise he initially supported, then abandoned, then watched succeed without him," OpenAI said.

Musk has repeatedly been bashing OpenAI on his social media platform. Earlier this month, he retorted after ChatGPT-parent some old emails showing the tech mogul was on board with making the company for-profit, saying, “Change your name… To ClosedAI and I will drop the lawsuit.”

His lawsuit will reveal the communications and records in the process of discovery. That should "clear up" a few things, versus just press statements.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,336  
No sheet, sherlock.

Is it misleading that all legacy automobile makers are abanding the market? Just a year ago these same people were proclaiming the ICE dead by 2030.

The 180* change in a year is pretty remarkable.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,337  
Maybe not for years to come, maybe not even this year, according to Musk:
From the article:
"Even U.S. EV leader Tesla, which is estimated to have accounted for 55% of EV sales in the country in 2023, is bracing for what “may be a notably lower” rate of growth, CEO Elon Musk said in late January."
I have no interest in joining this pissing match, but do note that a "lower rate of growth" is still growth, not shrinkage.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,339  
Deleted