Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,081  
Just another reason I don’t want a battery car. I don’t want to feel compelled to spend money on food, or rummage around a station’s bathroom every time I simply want fuel for the vehicle
Customer to store manager: "There's some weird guy in the bathroom eating Twinkies!"
Manager: "Probably someone charging their car".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,082  
Wendys doesn't have chargers, and I like to get the $5 Biggy Bag... So... Now where do I have to eat to charge my car?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,083  
Easily, you stop at a gas station every 275 miles instead of every 375 miles and fill up in 5 minutes. On the other hand, if you're in an EV you stop every 150 miles and "fill up" for 30 minutes. You asked...
I stop every 10 to 50 miles and spend 15 seconds connecting. 15 seconds when I depart.

Haven't tried it but Tesla says I can put 156 miles in my Model Y Long Range in 15 minutes. I can't pee that fast.

Have never been able to pull off the road into a gas station and be back on the road in less than 10 minutes. Bought gas last week. GPS was logging. Should pull the logs.

More like 20 minutes and most people who are going to fill their vehicle with fuel will use the restroom or buy food.
Personally I would not want to pull a trailer with an EV of any sort since if I'm pulling a trailer it's most likely going to have 5,000# or more.
Was going to hitch my Kendon Dual Standup trailer to the Y to haul a friend’s lawnmower for service but didn't have certain plans as to where to stow the ramp. So F-150 it was.

Or I could have been fretting “where oh where will I charge!”

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,087  
I put New York City to Seatle Wa. into the "go anywhere" Tesla app and it's quite eye opening. That was without a trailer.

Some of the recommended charge times were 70 minutes, others were 60 or 40 minutes. I think it added about 14 hours to the trip.

Granted, at least one of those charge times could be eliminated for overnight sleeping.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,088  
I put New York City to Seatle Wa. into the "go anywhere" Tesla app and it's quite eye opening. That was without a trailer.

Some of the recommended charge times were 70 minutes, others were 60 or 40 minutes. I think it added about 14 hours to the trip.

Granted, at least one of those charge times could be eliminated for overnight sleeping.

I mean, if you stop to pee every 50 miles anyway, it probably adds no time to the trip. However, most folks drive 120+ miles between stops.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,089  
I mean, if you stop to pee every 50 miles anyway, it probably adds no time to the trip. However, most folks drive 120+ miles between stops.
….and that’s assuming the charging station even has…a bathroom.
Poor grump, has to find a bush.😂