Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,692  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,693  
Yep Musk's cars might be 6 times safer for their drivers, but 6 times riskier for the general public being used as guinea pigs around his cars to get Musk his road databases.
You don't understand statistics.
Not a question.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,694  
They don’t see to have much value for scrap.

Charging stations are definitely targets and often totally unattended.
There isn't that much copper in 8' or so of Supercharger umbilical.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,695  
Vacant homes here get copper pipe and wire thieves.

I had all the aluminum frame windows pried out of a home ready to rent by aluminum thieves.

The hospital lost all water pressure when thieves stole the 4” backflow valve…

Every business had to install cages to protect required backflow valves.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,696  
Question........ I can pay for gas with cash, credit card, (or possibly an app?). I always use cash. What methods are available to pay for a charge at a public charger? I know of people that don't have credit cards due to bad credit ratings or other reasons. An app would require a person to have a bank account or similar to pull funds from. I'm guessing a fair amount of the population may not have a bank account for one reason or another. Home or apartment charging isn't going to viable for everyone and many struggle to pay a monthly electric bill, but usually can scrape up some cash to buy gas.
Credit card skimmers are difficult to notice in places with high traffic. A card reader at a remotely located EV charger would seem to be an easy place for a skimmer to be planted.
What payment method will work for the an entire population of EV owners?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,697  
Question........ I can pay for gas with cash, credit card, (or possibly an app?). I always use cash. What methods are available to pay for a charge at a public charger? I know of people that don't have credit cards due to bad credit ratings or other reasons. An app would require a person to have a bank account or similar to pull funds from. I'm guessing a fair amount of the population may not have a bank account for one reason or another. Home or apartment charging isn't going to viable for everyone and many struggle to pay a monthly electric bill, but usually can scrape up some cash to buy gas.
Credit card skimmers are difficult to notice in places with high traffic. A card reader at a remotely located EV charger would seem to be an easy place for a skimmer to be planted.
You use your social credits given by the government for good behavior 😂. I’m assuming only electronic payment.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,698  
Well before EVs are dominant there will be no cash.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,699  
There isn't that much copper in 8' or so of Supercharger umbilical.

20x8=160ft which is a lot of copper.
They probably buy gas with the scrap $ (or crack)...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,700  
Maybe we'll see charger lot lizards?