Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,721  
I have wonderful neighbors, home and land paid for, 7 minutes to work, climate that is ideal… no A/C and minimal days of heating and data supports the best climate nationwide in continental US based on number of heating and cooling days.

Frost is rare, anything grows with water… the sunsets and views of San Francisco Skyline spectacular… both day and night… Oakland Airport 15 minutes… SF 35 minutes when traffic not an issue…

World class healthcare and Universities within an hour any direction.

Leader in tech and bio science recognized worldwide.

Pacific Ocean less than 1 hour West and Skiing 3 hours east.
Ditto on all that, except minus the SF skyline and minus the crime. And add an hour to the airport.

I like it up here in the outer Bay Area. Glad we lived cheap and saved like mad when we were younger, in order to live comfortably now. Life is good.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,722  
BYD's loosing wheels axles and chopstick 3 link failures

I’m obviously not a battery car expert, as a couple ICE vehicle haters here will happily point out, but is this not an exhaust muffler on this BYD electric car? I’m guessing it’s actually a hybrid?
1715804352824.jpeg

Looks like the exhaust tip dumps out under the vehicle so you don’t see it😁

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,723  
I’m obviously not a battery car expert, as a couple ICE vehicle haters here will happily point out, but is this not an exhaust muffler on this BYD electric car? I’m guessing it’s actually a hybrid?
View attachment 870242

Out of sight out of mind. :)

BYD makes hybrids.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,724  
View attachment 870242

Yep,

BYD builds both Hybrid and full EV's, maybe even share suspension components?
Full EV's generally weigh more, so probably should have stronger suspension and steering components.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,725  
Also how many inattentive drivers drive off with the pump hose still attached to the pump handle? 😄
The EV won't move with charging umbilical attached.

But yes, we have all heard of, and many have seen a pump after the hose was ripped off.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,728  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,730  
In person I found the Cyber truck to be a work of art. Nice looking.
I saw one in person this weekend. I liked the photos. In person I really disliked it. Same day I saw the Lucid Air… that was a beautiful car too.