Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,631  
I just put in a 220V dryer outlet and problem solved…….🤷🏼‍♂️

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,633  
Hardly?...geeze...!
A gazillion times more likely that someone else has a gallon of gas or will get you enough to get to a gas station than there is with portable generators in their trunks...LoL...!
Do you know anyone that carries a gallon of gas around in their car on the HWY on a regular basis? NOBODY. Not one. Zip. Zero.

Gas or electric, if your car runs out of fuel on the highway, you're walking, calling for someone to bring you gas, hitching a ride, or calling a tow truck.

E-cars have the limp mode to get you down the road to the next exit. Gas cars don't. All they have is the low fuel warning. If they ignore limp mode or low fuel warning, well, then, what did they expect?

Now if there's a charger there or not is another issue.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,634  
Pretty sure every lawn service has gas on board, as do most hauling outdoor toys. I know quite few that always have a gas can in the bed of the truck. Life in the boonies where gas station can be 30+ miles apart.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,635  
Do you know anyone that carries a gallon of gas around in their car on the HWY on a regular basis? NOBODY. Not one. Zip. Zero.

Gas or electric, if your car runs out of fuel on the highway, you're walking, calling for someone to bring you gas, hitching a ride, or calling a tow truck.

E-cars have the limp mode to get you down the road to the next exit. Gas cars don't. All they have is the low fuel warning. If they ignore limp mode or low fuel warning, well, then, what did they expect?

Now if there's a charger there or not is another issue.
Can't fix stupid, can we?
Personally, I never let my tank get below 1/4
I would (and maybe will) go for an EV for short trips...maybe 50 miles round trip

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,636  
But what level of charging?
On a standard 120V house plug 1 hour will give the EV Mustang 3 miles of range.
I would be looking for a gasoline outlet in an ICE vehicle.

I wouldn’t have an EV either if I didn’t have Lvl 2 charging at home, if that was the point of your article.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,637  
For the scientific minded.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,638  
I would (and maybe will) go for an EV for short trips...maybe 50 miles round trip
We fix our dogs. We repair stupid.

:ROFLMAO:

I rarely let any of our vehicles get below 1/4. The exception being our Chevy's have really accurate range estimators based on current speeds, and, I know both of the vehicles really well. If I'm on a trip to Oklahoma at hour 12 and I know I have 100 miles of range with only 50 miles to go, I'm gonna go for it.

If I'm going to Pittsburgh and I know I have 100 miles of range with only 50 miles to go, I'm gonna stop for gas at the next place. You never know about the traffic in larger metro areas.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,639  
Oh, and I've said before, an EV would satisfy probably 90-95% of our driving trips. It's those other 5-10% where I have to haul a trailer or make really long drives that I wouldn't want one. I do see us having an EV in the future, and not because it's forced on us, but rather, because it makes economic sense to my wallet.