Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,271  
The TC turns off. If you hold it down for 30 seconds though, you will see that it also turns the stablitrac off. The latter is what really stops you when you need the power.
That must really depend on the vehicle. I've had my F550 diesel sliding back and forth sideways on some hills while pulling 10,000 lbs

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,272  
That must really depend on the vehicle. I've had my F550 diesel sliding back and forth sideways on some hills while pulling 10,000 lbs
Do trucks that size have traction control?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,273  
But that is the argument for all heavy vehicles. Then why does it not work for EVs?

Prius comes out pretty good in collisions.

The unproven/undocumented premise claimed EVs are heavier than comparable ICE therefore will cause more damage and therefore the basement armchair insurance expert says will pay higher insurance premiums.

The inconvenient truth is personal injuries are the greatest expense in insurance claims and heavier vehicles have fewer. Stronger vehicles even fewer, witness a Tesla Model S’s recent 250’ dive off a cliff.
What is it you don't understand about the following ??
Transportation Safety Board Chair Jennifer Homendy on Wednesday raised concerns about the increased risk of severe injury and death from heavier electric vehicles on U.S. roads.

Do you understand the meaning of the word "risk"...do you know that insurance is all about "risk"...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,275  
1. While hot pink is eye catching often the blue and black ones are sold before I get to DG. Some professionals using hand held mirror.

2. Situational awareness is the hallmarks of Full Self Driving and how why FSD can become safer than humans day in an day out. Some drivers age 50+ regularly have mini strokes and never know it. Backup Cameras are not like full self-driving that's just a data gathering device.

3 Full self-driving is the computer taking hundreds and hundreds of data inputs and making the driving decision and because it has 360 vision and you and I do not have. That gives the full self-driving a leg up and just many things like it because it is fully aware or what is going on. It knows if there's potential ice on the road or not and these kind of things.

Making FSD work is very hard and that's why Tesla has been working on it so long and I would guess they're 95% there and already charge $15,000 for the software package. The hardware package comes on every Tesla that rolls out the door.

With Tesla one can lease the software for I believe like $200 a month when you need it or want it or full-time. Take for example when I'm going to be on the road for a week and driving 3,000 mi and making multiple stops that would be expensive to get hotels food I need to go along with me so self-driving software becomes almost free if you use it enough.
So I'm drivin down the road approaching an intersection where I have right of way. I notice something and turn my head to see a vehicle approaching that obviously isn't going to stop. Does the FSD see it?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,276  
So I'm drivin down the road approaching an intersection where I have right of way. I notice something and turn my head to see a vehicle approaching that obviously isn't going to stop. Does the FSD see it?
Do you care? You're going to hit the brakes anyways, no matter what the computer thinks. None of this self driving crap can replace an alert driver; just like cruise control, it only strives to make your driving a bit easier.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,278  
A human can out think, out react, out perform a computer IMHO. I would not fly on a plane without a pilot. Cameras and all electronics fail and malfunction.
Eviscerate me if you want.
I'll take that one step further. I will go out into the woods without my smart phone, GPS, automatic locator beacon, or any of the other technology we use daily.

I will NOT get out of sight of my truck without a compass in my pocket. Technology makes our lives easier; but nothing replaces what sits on top of your shoulders.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,280  
A human can out think, out react, out perform a computer IMHO. I would not fly on a plane without a pilot. Cameras and all electronics fail and malfunction.
Eviscerate me if you want.
Can you beat a computer in chess?