Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,851  
Not 6 gallons...one gallon gas burned. 6 pounds. ... My point is 6 pounds of burning gasoline cannot make 20 pounds of CO2!
Sorry bout my '6 gallons' typo.

I see what the problem is in your understanding: You're ignoring the starting weight of the air in that chamber that will soon get combined with the gasoline. Factor that detail in, and it all works.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,852  
I bought my first new snow sled ever 2 years ago… a first model year, single cylinder liquid cooled Arctic Cat. It’s great for what I need it for but at the end of the day, or even after running it 15 minutes you smell like 2-stroke oil. I would like to trade for a nice Yamaha 4-stroke, but they cost more than a Kia.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,854  
Sorry bout my '6 gallons' typo.

I see what the problem is in your understanding: You're ignoring the starting weight of the air in that chamber that will soon get combined with the gasoline. Factor that detail in, and it all works.
No it doesn't and here's why.
I'll try explaining once more then I give up.
You have a lawn mower with 1 gallon gas tank. 6 pounds.
Is there a closed container large enough you could put it in, close the door (it's now sealed tight) and run mower until tank is empty. Yes or no?
I'll answer...of course there is.
Maybe it's a 30ft cube, 100ft cube...that's irrelevant. It will run burning up that gallon of gasoline. Yes, of course, running those (6 or 10, whatever) hours that mower has used up a lot of oxygen within container.
Ok. Mower in container WITH gasoline WITH air that's in it TOTAL weighs (again, weight is irrelevant...say it's 10,000 pounds). When that mower cuts off, all gas has run out...it IS NOT going to now weigh 10,020 pounds!
I'm no scientist, engineer, chemist but have common sense!
Six pounds of gasoline does not produce 20 pounds of CO2 air...that's pure bs. The closed container makes it easy to visualize.
You cannot put 6 pounds of gasoline in a hanging on a scale container, then ignite it by match or engine and watch that scale increase 20 pounds!!! No way, regardless of who says that!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,855  
There is no net gain in weight. There is a net gain in CO2 and a net loss in Oxygen. Me, I like my Oxygen.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,856  
Anywhere you research you see this:
"Burning 6.3 pounds of gasoline produces 20 pounds of carbon dioxide."
That has to be pure bull *****.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,857  
So CO2 is not a byproduct of combustion?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,858  
Never said that at all. In fact I said "Yes, of course, running those (6 or 10, whatever) hours that mower has used up a lot of oxygen within container." So yes, burning gasoline or anything a chemical reaction takes place, so oxygen is used, CO2 and other things produced by combustion.
What I'm saying redundantly is within a closed system you're not gaining weight!!!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,859  
Isaac Isimov "'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

I love it when a layperson thinks they know more than the experts.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,860  
Isaac Isimov "'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

I love it when a layperson thinks they know more than the experts.
Me as well. So experts say 6 pounds of burning gasoline produce 20 pounds of C02 and you believe that. That's wonderful!