Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,821  
Gale that 362 HP Is that the available HP number for regen?

Most sources list the 2023 MY LR
@ 425 HP and Torque @ 475lb ft.

Maybe the 362 HP is the AWD 4680 MY?

The performance MY has
455 HP and 497 lb ft torque
No.

362 HP is printed on Certificate of Origin directly from Tesla.

At this point I am ignorant about the Regen force of the dual motor setup, but that is something I'm interested in. If you find something please post.

It's estimated that regenerative braking captures up to 70 percent of the kinetic energy usually lost during braking and is put back into the battery. As described above, that energy can then extend the range between needing to charge.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,822  
Only a couple of times I've hit $2,000 in repairs
I've had that multiple times... transmissions are expensive.
I lost the timing chain on my second Dakota and by the time they got done it had a new top end... I should have replaced the engine with something used. When I lost the head gasket on my Toyota they ended up changing the timing chain of belt, I forget which it had. I should have replaced the engine with something used.

Both times the engine failed within a couple of months.

Tires and front end work can top that amount also.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,823  
No.

362 HP is printed on Certificate of Origin directly from Tesla.

At this point I am ignorant about the Regen force of the dual motor setup, but that is something I'm interested in. If you find something please post.

It's estimated that regenerative braking captures up to 70 percent of the kinetic energy usually lost during braking and is put back into the battery. As described above, that energy can then extend the range between needing to charge.
That is very interesting on the HP number.

From building and driving muscle cars it is hard for me to believe 362 HP being enough to move a 4300+ lb car to 60 MPH in under 5 seconds.

MYLR consistently are able to beat 4.8 seconds to 60 MPH

HP numbers have been required to be NET numbers since 1971 in the USA, so doubt Tesla would advertise Gross HP.

I am at a loss to explain this discrepancy.

Color me confused.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,824  
Traffic engineers want to add a fourth “white” light. With the additional light, they say travel times decrease as does fuel consumption. The secret is autonomous vehicles controlling traffic flow. Autonomous vehicles communicate with the traffic signal, which the white light indicates.

The light signals that AVs are adjusting light times to help better increase flow based on communicating with other AVs in proximity. Drivers behind AVs would follow what it does. If it stops, the driver stops his car. When the AV goes through an intersection, the driver behind the AV goes through it.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,825  
I have the top rated one from Lectron rated at 150 kV. The version Tesla sells looks the same but is rated to 250 kV. I plan to test ours in Paducah tomorrow at Walmart. This is more or less a backup and I will use Tesla superchargers if at all possible.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,826  
That is very interesting on the HP number.

From building and driving muscle cars it is hard for me to believe 362 HP being enough to move a 4300+ lb car to 60 MPH in under 5 seconds.

MYLR consistently are able to beat 4.8 seconds to 60 MPH

HP numbers have been required to be NET numbers since 1971 in the USA, so doubt Tesla would advertise Gross HP.

I am at a loss to explain this discrepancy.

Color me confused.
Think 100% torque at 600 RPM. We have to reprogram our dinosaur brains. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,827  
Think 100% torque at 600 RPM. We have to reprogram our dinosaur brains. 🙂
Anyone that has driven both gas and electric golf carts knows the difference i.e. instant torque...
I wonder what the percentage of EV owners and avid golfers is...??

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,828  
What’s all the fuss about voice commands? My Grandfather used voice commands all the time when driving.
I use them too while driving. Makes my wife cringe and wonder if the wrong person will hear and pull out a gun

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,829  
I went to a restaurant in Virginia Beach last night Tesla's were everywhere, I might see few each week in my city. One Teslas license plate was "Starlink".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,830  
Traffic engineers want to add a fourth “white” light. With the additional light, they say travel times decrease as does fuel consumption. The secret is autonomous vehicles controlling traffic flow. Autonomous vehicles communicate with the traffic signal, which the white light indicates.

The light signals that AVs are adjusting light times to help better increase flow based on communicating with other AVs in proximity. Drivers behind AVs would follow what it does. If it stops, the driver stops his car. When the AV goes through an intersection, the driver behind the AV goes through it.

I've held for years that traffic lights could be more synchronised. How many times have you gone down the main artery through town, only to watch every light turn red as you approach it? Often there isn't even any traffic coming in from the side streets.

Years ago I was headed to Boonville NY where I had a motel reservation. Between construction and tourists, I was running about 2 hours late and was at risk of not getting there before they closed. I hit Rutland VT and the road was clear. Speed limit was 30 or 35... I kicked it up to 45 and blasted through. Every light turned green as I approached it. That got me back on track, and I was able to pick up lost time the rest of the way.