Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,561  
If you're in love with EVs...buy one (or more). That's your choice. If I chose NOT buying one, that should be my choice.
HOWEVER!
Don't raise fuel prices (by take your pick of high fuel price reasons), don't mandate that I buy one, (to my insurance company): don't raise MY insurance rates to compensate the EV owners higher rates, (to the electric company): don't raise MY electric bill to compensate the EV owners higher demand thereby requiring power upgrades, and don't raise MY taxes to pay for infrastructure EV charging stations that I'll never use.
Don't make ME pay more for something I'll have no part of. Don't force it down my throat.
Does that make sense?!?!?
No. Absolutely no sense. High gas prices have 0 ZERO to do with trying to make anyone buy EVs. It is all the conditions i spelled out several posts ago - none of which had to do with someone trying to make anyone buy EVs. Does that make sense?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,562  
So, the manufactures can alter the laws of physics eh? hahahahahahahaha

Even defense vehicles have secondary systems in extreme cold temps. EVs have nothing.
Huh?? Who is altering physics? Heat the motors.

Do u know they do not have heaters?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,563  
So walk me through a typical trade in for an EV. Say you have 75000 miles on your EV. You buy your dream EV and merrily drive home.

The dealer puts your 75000 mile EV on the lot and in the usual non disclosure dance, the salesman doesn't bring up the battery degradation issues to a young family who wants an EV but can't afford new. They expect a car that will last them until the end of their 6 year loan and put 15000 miles a year on their old ICE car expecting the same results from their new to them EV.

How does this shake out? Will they get the ROI in 6 years? Or will they be driving their EV batteries to exhaustion while paying their payments.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,564  
… and don't raise MY taxes to pay for infrastructure EV charging stations that I'll never use.…
Who is doing that? I am unaware of taxes being used for this. Please show evidence.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,566  
No. Absolutely no sense. High gas prices have 0 ZERO to do with trying to make anyone buy EVs. It is all the conditions i spelled out several posts ago - none of which had to do with someone trying to make anyone buy EVs. Does that make sense?
No. Two years ago fuel was less than half the price it is now. LESS THAN HALF!
So then we have a new president, with new agendas, signing executive orders, negating previous president's orders and plans.
Now magically the price more than doubles...and we're supposed to believe it's because of u,v,w,x,y,z...take your pick.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,567  
Okay, in an effort to get this back on the rails, who seems most committed to their EV lineup?

Tesla
Ford
Volvo
Hyundai/Kia

GM?
VW?
BMW?

Pretty far behind the pack
Toyota?
Chrysler?

(Is Toyota betting on fuel cells?)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,568  
Who is doing that? I am unaware of taxes being used for this. Please show evidence.
You must be one of those guys with a money tree in the back yard. Maybe you think the money that the govt. is providing for electric infrastructure is just being printed and is not tax money.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,569  
Here you go dough...
So I apologize...you're absolutely right. Because of the state & federal rebates and the current administration's infrastructure package...it's almost free or low cost installing a charging station. The government just prints more free money...none of it comes from taxpayers!
Darn...I learn something new every day.
"Adding an EV charging station shows that you’re eager to stay one step ahead of your competition. It’s a feature that more and more employees will be looking for, so it’s important to see this as an investment in your company’s future growth and success. As your business attracts the best talent and grows, so do your long-term profits. To help, EV charging is one perk that can ease the transition back to the office coming out of the pandemic and help your business stay competitive, attracting more interest and foot traffic.
Tax Credits and Other Incentives

The federal tax credit for alternative fuels is a hefty one — 30% of your EV charging station infrastructure costs, up to $30,000. It is currently set to expire at the end of 2020, but with the new presidential administration, we’re likely to see that extended. Even if that program isn’t extended, however, there are a number of state and local tax credits and grants available that can substantially reduce your project costs.
A growing business also provides you with more opportunities to pass on the costs of your EV charging station infrastructure. Although many employers offer charging as a free service to employees, many charge a small fee to absorb some of the expense of offering this benefit. If you're unsure whether your business can afford these upgrades, it may be worth surveying your employees to see if they are interested enough to share some of the costs."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,570  
Does that make sense?
Not really but I still would never consider one. I will say my cousin's Tesla AWD (4 motor) goes like a scalded dog (I've driven it) but as impressive as it is, still not gonna happen here. Interesting sensation, being shoved back in the seat and soundless. With a full charge, I'd put it up against any current stock IC car built today. for a quick drag. No wheelspin either. The computers only put enough power to the tires to keep them at the ragged edge of traction and no more. I've only taken it to 80. I imagine it would go faster but it's not mine. Stops good too with 4 wheel Brembo brakes and regenerative braking.