Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,821  
Convert to what?...chargers? although places like Costco have the wherewithal to raze their stations...

Seems to me to keep dead EVs off the roads there would need to be charging stations every X amount of miles where X being the minimum an EV can travel in "limp" mode...

In the same vein...I wonder how much road rage EVs will create when traveling on a highway (or curvy two lane road) in "limp mode"...?
Costco turned one site into more warehouse space and in another added to parking.

Right in Downtown Olympia old gas stations turned into dining establishments that are busy.

Plenty of old gas stations repurposed or razed…

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,822  
EVs certainly have their place, especially charging at home, routine work or store trips. Plug in at home...even better if you have your own solar panels. Especially if they come down in price. And especially if you can have other vehicles to serve other purposes, evacuation, vacations, etc.
Mandatory requirements, phasing out gas & diesel makes me cringe and so does raising my taxes and electric bill even if I don't own one, paying for the infrastructure....

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,823  
I did not realize Norway was 30+ years into EV promoting. By 2050 we may be more at the Norway level.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,824  
FWIW...
I don't see how this can apply to EVs...But...you never know...
For several years now the US Navy has been using magnets to generate electricity that powers the catapults much more powerfully than steam...
...This is on nuclear powered ships that can produce more than enough energy but they uses magnets...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,825  
FWIW...
For several years now the US Navy has been using magnets to generate electricity that powers the catapults much more powerfully than steam...
...This is on nuclear powered ships that can produce more than enough energy but they uses magnets...
So that in reverse for EVs traveling along the road.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,826  
EVs certainly have their place, especially charging at home, routine work or store trips. Plug in at home...even better if you have your own solar panels. Especially if they come down in price. And especially if you can have other vehicles to serve other purposes, evacuation, vacations, etc.
Mandatory requirements, phasing out gas & diesel makes me cringe and so does raising my taxes and electric bill even if I don't own one, paying for the infrastructure....

I think I 95% agree with you, but without some regulation, Big Oil would still be putting lead in gas (and continuing damage to the brains of our children), and Old School Detroit Auto would be putting out vehicles that get 17mpg with dirty exhaust. Hopefully we get to a point where we buy EVs simply because they are better/more reliable vehicles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,827  
Why not? I used to carry two 5-gal cans inside the van. No smell if capped tight. Only a risk if u get in a “big” wreck. How often does that happen?
I cant remember when i carried a can of gas just incase i ran out.

but from the looks of many posts not all of us plan ahead.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,828  
FWIW...
The downfall with magnets deals with humans having earthly minerals in our bodies. Strong magnetic fields would rip cells apart and mess with our electrolyte balance. It would also skew our aura from our body. In real words, we would be very messed up.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,829  
LoL...I'd hardly call FL state troopers idiots...!...before it was outsourced to contractors...most of the long bridges in FL on state or federal highways had dedicated troopers patrolling the bridges...they always carried gas cans in the trunks of their cruisers...
...Personally I know very few people that actually own cars with trunks...most are either trucks or SUVs...
Also...there is a BIG difference between an ICE vehicle running out of fuel and an EV running out of juice...
They have to carry gas because they have to deal with those who cant plan ahead. I assume you have used the state troopers often?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,830  
Convert to what?...chargers? although places like Costco have the wherewithal to raze their stations...

Seems to me to keep dead EVs off the roads there would need to be charging stations every X amount of miles where X being the minimum an EV can travel in "limp" mode...

In the same vein...I wonder how much road rage EVs will create when traveling on a highway (or curvy two lane road) in "limp mode"...?
Costco turned one site into more warehouse space and in another added to parking.

Right in Downtown Olympia old gas stations turned into dining establishments that are busy.

Plenty of old gas stations repurposed or
The downfall with magnets deals with humans having earthly minerals in our bodies. Strong magnetic fields would rip cells apart and mess with our electrolyte balance. It would also skew our aura from our body. In real words, we would be very messed up.
I’ve always wondered about that and MRI machines?