Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,261  
That's awesome! but I'm guess no AC or creature comforts. What times did yours run? Do your mustangs come close to 9.6 quarter miles?
Mustangs...of course not. Mine ran right with this one, 5.70s 1/8, 8.90s 1/4.
My point was there's no such thing as one-does-everything car, truck, motorcycle, etc. Each has it's own purpose and to me it's bang for the buck.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,262  
We had a mule show up in our horse lot today so if the Tesla doesn't work out I might just get a saddle for him.

In spring of 2019 we got a little Philly the mix of quarter horse and Arabian and she was bottle fed so the little mini's got after her one that had babies and she ran to my wife and knocked her down and broke her hip so she was on bed rest for a couple 3 months.
Ouch, something about that broke hip comment seems very, very familiar:eek:

My best wishes for your wife and that she made a full recovery.

Hoping mine heals fast enough so that I can actually drive the Y home when it arrives.
Otherwise my wife will be my chauffer...
Will keep working on healing and the exercises. Two weeks since the surgery, using a walker to get around no more than 10% on the toe touch.

ps. I miss running the tractors.
A day without a tractor is like a day without sunshine.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,263  
Mine ran right with this one, 5.70s 1/8, 8.90s 1/4.
Thats quick! I only got into the mid 11s with mine but it had AC and I drove it to and from the track. Everyone that rode in it came out very satisfied. Lol. It was awd and started breaking center differentials when launching so I gave up at that point. A blast on the street though.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,265  
Totally Agree ovrszd

Sorry, Could have worded the last sentences better, just "recommending" for a "young" person that has not got their retirement in order, it would likely be better to keep building their portfolio than purchasing ANY new vehicle that will depreciate as soon as it is driven off of the lot.
My Y will not be a go into debt purchase.
I am very excited for the day it will arrive.

Hope that makes sense.?
Absolutely

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,266  
Only buy something with interest if you can live in it or it makes you money.
I learned my credit rating was less than perfect when I refinanced my home several years ago to get a lower rate. (No cash out).

The deficiency? Nobody has made any interest off me - aside from that home loan, now paid off, - for decades. Guess I wasn't playing by their rules so I got dinged.

An hour ago I used my California Tax Refund, issued as a debit card, when I bought gas. Ouch! That cost 10 cents a gallon extra, compared to walking in and handing the cashier cash in advance. First time I've bought gas on a credit card. I didn't think of the added cost. Yeah I'm cheap. That extra $1.25 to fill the Subaru was just money thrown away.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,267  
Tesla's financial future ?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,268  
The paintless dent removal guys do pretty good. My Prius was parked in a hailstorm. Broke windshield, 30 dents in roof and fenders, aluminum hood was replaced. After repair could not see where the dents were in the roof.
Similar thing with our Impala. Bazillion dents from hail. Paintless dent removal worked great on everything but the fiberglass hood (fiberglass) and the metal trunk lid deck, for some reason.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,269  
Well...I was going to reply but SD455dan nailed it!
The Bugatti Chiron at $4,000,000 and 9.6 sec 1/4 mile is S-L-O-W!
I sold my car about 15 years ago for $6,500 for about what I had in it. I'll try finding pictures. In the meantime here's one very similar, except 406 vs 390. SS/B. Sounded very similar.
The lines on the AMX are about the most perfect form of any muscle car every built. Just beautiful.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,270  
I totally understand your position.

My position is that we constantly wander within our lane. The question is when are we outside our lane? The rumble strip is designed to indicate our wandering slightly before we leave our lane. As it should be.

I have no memory of a time that the rumble strip saved me from running off the shoulder, or from hitting someone head on.

I think the point is the description of "attentive".
I don't think the rumble strip noise saved me from running off the shoulder. But it did make me notice that I was farther to the right than I felt that I was. It's impossible to be fully attentive and highly aware all the time. We can be in the top 99% of attentive drivers, and there's still times when we are not aware of things.

Anyhow, I like it.

I also like adaptive cruise control out on the highway. And sliced bread. 🤣