Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,541  
If it can be done, that is also Good news as well.
With the problems of recovering H2 (the most common element on the planet) being resolved...the two main remaining obstacles of storing and distributing technologies will get more research and development...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,542  
Bet is is hardly ever used. Lots of clueless people spending easy government money in the mistaken belief EVs need gas stations on every street corner. Now your street corner is staked out so no one else will build an EV charging station until that one is busy. And it won't be busy because it is not enabling EVs to drive from distant locales.
I don't give a crap how much it's used. Don't think I even mentioned that. Just curious who paid for it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,543  
With the problems of recovering H2 (the most common element on the planet) being resolved...the two main remaining obstacles of storing and distributing technologies will get more research and development...
From my limited time looking into hydrogen fuel cell systems, still think the one that Sandy Munro champions is likely the best since no high pressure storage is necessary. Seems like it would be great for aircraft as well.

Plasma Kinetics

ps. The vid was also interesting in a way with the CEO of Toyota "actually" stepping down recently.

Likely the Board wanting to change course and put more into an EV path possibly.??

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,544  
a11a16cf2c2ba26d18dfde6eaaf003bf

Driver Tadashi Ogitsu refuels his hydrogen-powered Honda Clarity at the Iwatani filling station in San Ramon, California. Photo: San Francisco Chronicle/Getty

EXCLUSIVE | Fresh blow for hydrogen vehicles as average pump prices in California rise by a third to all-time high​

Fuel-cell cars in world's second-largest market are now more than four times as expensive to run as home-charged electric vehicles
Time is money and for some people the 30 minutes at a recharging station over the less than 10 minutes to refuel with H2...can mean several hundred dollars to some...

Old news...The new leap in recovering H2 technology will raise all interests in H2 applications...
Watch H2 related stocks...
If you want expensive...look at e-fuel cars...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,545  
I'd like to say something but have to choose words carefully, I want to stay apolitical and don't want to hurt feelings. In a perfect world I'd like to see everyone happy with their choices. I don't expect a lot of people will agree with me and that's ok.
I think every generation has to do their own thing believing it's an improvement over the past and sometimes it is but not always. I feel like Rip Van Winkle asleep for 20 years waking up in this strange world of today.
This EV discussion should be for both sides, not just pro-EV.
My parents and in-laws and their parents all at some point realized they were not capable of safety driving a car and made other arrangements. I don't see self driving as the panacea.
This mandate, eliminating ICE everything in 13 years to me is insane, even scientists can't agree about climate change. Even if they all agreed the switch to electric was the solution the mandate only affects the US which is only 4.25% of the world's population!
Before any legislation is passed it should be considered from every viewpoint. EVs are fine if one wants it, but for lots of people it makes no sense but it's forced on them regardless.
There are so many other technologies like hydrogen being explored makes me wonder if that has anything to do with the Tesla price reduction.
The bottom line is it should be the best choice for the individual, and we're going to support Ford, GM or Chrysler ICE for our needs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,547  
In 1978 the local Sheriff Deputies drove Chevettes. Needless to say there were no high speed pursuits.
A couple counties south of here...The elected sheriff is given a budget for his personal vehicle...several years ago the then sheriff bought a decent used SUV that seemed fine...no too long after he had the car there was some type of a hold up and a chase ensued...What the sheriff found out was that the SUV had a governor installed and every time it hit 80...it would bog down...he had the governor removed but it took a lot longer for the wise cracks to subside...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,548  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,550  
I'd like to say something but have to choose words carefully, I want to stay apolitical and don't want to hurt feelings. In a perfect world I'd like to see everyone happy with their choices. I don't expect a lot of people will agree with me and that's ok.
I think every generation has to do their own thing believing it's an improvement over the past and sometimes it is but not always. I feel like Rip Van Winkle asleep for 20 years waking up in this strange world of today.
My parents and in-laws and their parents all at some point realized they were not capable of safety driving a car and made other arrangements. I don't see self driving as the panacea.
This mandate, eliminating ICE everything in 13 years to me is insane, even scientists can't agree about climate change. Even if they all agreed the switch to electric was the solution the mandate only affects the US which is only 4.25% of the world's population!
Before any legislation is passed it should be considered from every viewpoint. EVs are fine if one wants it, but for lots of people it makes no sense but it's forced on them regardless.
There are so many other technologies like hydrogen being explored makes me wonder if that has anything to do with the Tesla price reduction.
The bottom line is it should be the best choice for the individual, and we're going to support Ford, GM or Chrysler ICE for our needs.

Good post and Agree with Free Choice.

jmo below...

Not really in favor of forced mandates.

No huge reduction in pollution will take place until large and small aircraft, Large ships and other vehicles are considered as well.

But instead the laws go after the little guy vehicle operator.

In honor of the sentiment of protecting our old favorite ICE vehicles the right to own and continue to enjoy driving whatever a person prefers

Variety the Spice of Life,
Different Strokes for Different Folks,
Each Their Own...

Last edited: