Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,321  
Go buy one Gale and report back.. Until then it's all postulation. For field work 12 hours a day, better have a portable genny with you and plan on a LONG lunch break...(n)
A lot of tractor use are not endless hours of field work, this is a 70hp and are probably very nice and quiet machines.

Here are farmers not the largest buyers of tractors, contractors are. And an electric tractor would be very nice to do a lot of maintenance work in cities.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,322  
A lot of tractor use are not endless hours of field work, this is a 70hp and are probably very nice and quiet machines.

Here are farmers not the largest buyers of tractors, contractors are. And an electric tractor would be very nice to do a lot of maintenance work in cities.
The closest dealer to me is 2 hours away.
I can only think of one possible advantage MAY be a lower center of gravity helping prevent rollovers. I don't see a price anywhere. Warranty? It just doesn't seem practical. So many things nowadays are designed by young engineers without real world experience and those actually believing if we (USA) has zero pollution (which is impossible) we're disregarding China, India, etc. pollution.
Somehow spending lots of money on something (car, truck, tractor) over time you get payback in fuel savings.
Crazy reasoning...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,323  
Like everything new it's expensive and a small market, I do believe it will be popular in cities where the customer demands low noise and zero exhaust for all kinds of machines and trucks.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,324  
ICE toasters seems to be making Recall news more these days.

There is little reason to see this ICE problem going away soon.

It comes as a surprise to some that computers as in automotive control modules and long term high temperatures can spell failure.

While most first generation EVs have to overcome high voltage battery pack fire risks it seems fire risks of ICE OEMs are becoming more of a concern to safety regulators.

With most OEMs announcing end dates for their ICE vehicles production it is only natural they want to start moving in that direction yet with a heat furnace under the hood it can be risky.

Today high temperature heat sources and electronics don't mix well but that's a temporary problem as the OEMs see it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,325  
Depends on the price, $100k no, $50k they will sell.

I see a common J1772 charge port. Says 22 kW charge rate on 100 kWh battery. If kept in the 20-80% range then 3-4 hours to charge. 240V at 90A. Not sure how they get that, we don't commonly have 110A breakers for 90A to be 80% rate at continuous draw.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,326  
Some local equipment dealers sell the large ones. I see them around from time to time. I think the tractor's coming out of Europe is fine equipment. I actually back in the early '90s bought a zetor that was more or less a German design machine. It was good. It was on the crude side because it was a very old technology . they was building in some . Satellite Soviet countries.
When I was looking at details of RK, TYM, Kioti, and LS tractors I found interesting the diversity of engines. None of these tractor manufacturers used engines exclusively from one source. Several models used Deutz engines from Germany. I nearly bought a Deutz tractor at auction several months ago.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,327  
Depends on the price, $100k no, $50k they will sell.

I see a common J1772 charge port. Says 22 kW charge rate on 100 kWh battery. If kept in the 20-80% range then 3-4 hours to charge. 240V at 90A. Not sure how they get that, we don't commonly have 110A breakers for 90A to be 80% rate at continuous draw.
50k Fendt? Don't think they have anything at so low prices, it's the Mercedes Benz of tractors and has always been very very expensive.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,328  
50k Fendt? Don't think they have anything at so low prices, it's the Mercedes Benz of tractors and has always been very very expensive.
Just saying if a reputable brand EV tractor of the capabilities described was offered for $50k then I’d be knocking on the dealer's door.

Probably a poor choice to mow 200 acres but maybe 4-6 hours/day would be a good leisurely pace I’d take no matter how the tractor is powered.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,329  
Just saying if a reputable brand EV tractor of the capabilities described was offered for $50k then I’d be knocking on the dealer's door.

Probably a poor choice to mow 200 acres but maybe 4-6 hours/day would be a good leisurely pace I’d take no matter how the tractor is powered.
I expect the electric's reduction in racket and vibration would help that 4-6 hours go by more pleasantly, too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,330  
I expect the electric's reduction in racket and vibration would help that 4-6 hours go by more pleasantly, too.
Based on my travels in the Leaf and Model Y I expect that would be the case. No reason to keep the motor run when out of the cab to eat, BRB, etc just just keep the cab cool would add to peace and quiet.