Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,611  
More Cybertruck info coming in

Haggerty tested the 2024 model pre production Cybertruck against the Hummer and the Rivian R1T and even with under a 40% charge it ran low elevens in the quarter beating the rest.
Tesla keeps harping on how quick their vehicle are, and how they can beat other vehicles when racing. I could care less about how fast it is in a quarter mile. I am not buying a racing vehicle. I look more for quality of the build, range and comfort, not speed. I guess for the younger generation that is a requirement but get's no extra points here.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,612  
Tesla keeps harping on how quick their vehicle are, and how they can beat other vehicles when racing. I could care less about how fast it is in a quarter mile. I am not buying a racing vehicle. I look more for quality of the build, range and comfort, not speed. I guess for the younger generation that is a requirement but get's no extra points here.
30 years ago with ICE it was all about speed and power.

It's the natural starting point for motor vehicles.

The other stuff will follow. With a newer generations slant on what that means.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,613  
Exactly !!!! When I am on my way home from Lumber store with load of plywood, or I am towing my boat or snow machine trailer, or camper trailer, the least of my concerns is how fast my 0 to 60 is !

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,614  
Glad someone else thinks this way.

My neighbor has a Ram TRX and drives like an idiot. I don't need a $90+k truck to impress anyone with how fast I can go. The guy is 57 going on 18.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,615  
Thanks...I was going to say the same thing.
When my $2,000 '93 F-150 farm truck (300 six, 4spd,4x4, 206K mile) can pull my farriers Dodge 3500 diesel fully loaded w/ farrier supplies (I'm sure over 10K#) uphill in snow out of a drainage ditch using granny gear (3mph...maybe?)...that's good enough for me. 0-60 probably 20+ seconds, 1/4m probably 19s...but nothing Tesla makes or ever will make is a drag car. Tesla is a joke compared to a REAL drag car.
I thought the whole idea behind electric was environmental, emissions, lowering CO2, etc.
Instead it's some engineering geeks o-r-g-a-s-m
which serves no practical purpose.
I pick up 21 large hay bundles for horses all the time...love to see that "Delorean" stainless pyramid do that. It's NOT a REAL truck any more than a REAL drag vehical...simply a joke to try impressing other techno-geeks. Pa-lease...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,616  
Exactly !!!! When I am on my way home from Lumber store with load of plywood, or I am towing my boat or snow machine trailer, or camper trailer, the least of my concerns is how fast my 0 to 60 is !
Yeah that is why about half the diesel one tons around here are running tuners or is it just so they can belch massive amounts of unburned diesel?
I would put a tuner on my Cummins but would rather be down on power than blast out all that black smoke.

I doubt there are any Cybertruck buyers on this site.?

Not interested in buying one either.

I Think the diesel HD trucks are the cats meow. Off road Give me a Good Jeep. Given a choice between Cybertruck and the New Ram charger I would take the RAM. I posted up the vid and specs because some of the specs are still being ferreted out.

Can anyone on here figure out how the heck you would pull a fifth wheel or Gooseneck with a CyberTruck?

I can't.

No fifth wheel / Gooseneck capability crossed it off of the list for a lot of buyers.

CT is a neat urban ? electric truck which breaks new ground. Glad Tesla is trying new things and follows through on promises or at least tries to.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,617  
Ford, Dodge and Chevy trucks have been around well over a century. I would trust any of them over the "cyber"truck's 4 year history.
Elon is not God IMHO. He is to technogeeks.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,618  
Ford, Dodge and Chevy trucks have been around well over a century. I would trust any of them over the "cyber"truck's 4 year history.
This may get you the ignore list of a member or two...LOL

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,620  
Heh Heh

Definitely not a God....
And can be a real a-- sometimes.
He has Asperger's which he came out on Saturday Night Live about quite a while back. I cut him slack for that, but it is likely part of what makes him a Good engineer. Truly do not think the Starship,. Raptor engines, would be what they are, without his input.

ALL Trucks are PILING UP on ALL dealer Lots

People paying ~7% on loans will kill a bunch of sales and dealers are still trying to get their flooring paid for so not discounting much.

This is a problem for ICE And electric.

Last edited: