Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,721  
Grumpy no one is saying the gas station model is needed to be used by all EV future use......
The Bidiot Administration’s very own words say their $7B is to build EV charging facilities as common as gas stations.
Also in the real world you have millions of people travelling as tourists, or for business, that also require a " gas station EV model charge infrastructure" .
No, that is not a “gas station on every street corner” as being promoted. You describe the model Tesla uses to select sites for Superchargers. To facilitate travel, not for routine daily commuting, grocery getting, or soccer moms.
So get your head out of your own tiny world and recognize that the majority of the rest of the world has different energy needs than yours.
Get your own head out of the sand and observe where “gas station” EV charging infrastructure has been built, no one used it.
Also I saw a very interesting documentary the other day about the worlds energy future use and third world countries that will be using coal and other dirty energy sources for decades to come to bring them into many of the comforts and economy that Europe and North America now has, because they used dirty fuels like coal for the past 100 yrs to get us those comforts and economic advantages. So it is hypocritical to expect India , Pakistan , Asia, Africa to not use the cheapest energy sources, even if it is to charge their EV cars. Then you have China that plows over everyone economically because of their energy and pollution choices including more coal every year ! So North America and Europe's EV energy choices to improve things will be a drop in the bucket , compared to what rest of the World will be burning to run their economies. So sending our car and industrial manufacturering to China and India and Pakistan will be the result,( and accelerating because of EV mandates ) at the cost of our Grandchildren's economic viability.
Word salad.

I like coal. USA can produce and burn coal cleaner than anyone in the world.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,722  

This 1.2 Million-Mile Tesla Model S Is On Its 14th Motor, Third Battery Pack​

I was very impressed until I read this;

Some early Tesla Model S EVs were known to have issues with their rear motors. This particular Tesla suffered from this. The rear motor was replaced thirteen times, so if we include the original that it came with, that's fourteen motors over the course of about 1.2 million miles.

My second drive unit lasted about 10,000 miles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,723  
Whenever Grumpy misses the point or it is valid reality concern.......it's " word salad" ........hmmm

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,725  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,726  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,727  
Gasoline demand is up 1.3% in the USA over 2022 per EIA.
I can see why you are thankful the 1,000,000+ new USA EV sales is leaving more cash in your pocket. I am only one in the 1,000,000+ but glad to help you have more cash in your pocket.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,728  
I can see why you are thankful the 1,000,000+ new USA EV sales is leaving more cash in your pocket. I am only one in the 1,000,000+ but glad to help you have more cash in your pocket.
That's funny Gale, who said I was thankful? I just told you demand for gasoline in the US is up over 2022 by 1.3%. US producers are pumping a record amount of oil this year. Seriously...if I posted what I'm thinking I would be kicked off this site.

US Oil Output Set To Hit Record This Year, IEA Says​

The U.S. is pumping more oil than ever, amid better-than-expected demand and supply shortfalls from Saudi Arabia and Russia, according to the International Energy Agency.

In its monthly report, the Paris-based organization said overall supply of crude oil is expected to rise by 1.7 million barrels a day this year to a record 101.8 million barrels a day, thanks largely in part to booming oil production in the U.S., alongside Brazil and Guyana.

The U.S. has "shot ahead" in terms of supply from the big three nations--the other two being Russia and Saudi Arabia--with supply 1.2 million barrels a day higher than it was a year ago, according to the IEA. That is compared to Saudi Arabia, where supply has been cut by 1.8 million barrels a day, with Russia losing a further 170,000 barrels a day since October last year.
Overall, U.S. output is now expected to hit 19.3 million barrels a day this year, a new record for the world's largest producer. Growth is expected to slow in 2024, with supply only expected to rise by 400,000 barrels a day but this should take the U.S. close to the 20 million barrel a day mark by year-end.
Demand for crude in the U.S. is also strong this year, alongside China, according to the IEA. Chinese demand alone is seen rising by 1.8 million barrels a day this year. In September, China consumed 17.1 million barrels a day, a new record for the country.

The U.S. also showed better-than-expected growth, with demand up by 220,000 barrels a day during the third quarter. More gains are expected toward the end of the year, with total demand in the U.S. expected to rise to an average of 20.18 million barrels a day.

Overall, IEA raised its total demand growth expectation for 2023 by 100,000 barrels a day to 2.4 million barrels a day, taking total demand to an average of 102 million barrels a day.

That said, the IEA expects demand and supply to temper next year, as the effects of slower global growth and high interest rates take hold.

Supply overall is expected to rise by 1.6 million barrels a day, taking average supply to 103.4 million barrels a day. Meanwhile, demand in 2024 is expected to rise by 930,000 barrels a day, taking average demand to 102.9 million barrels a day, leading to a small surplus.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,729  
Hmmm . ..with all the North American subsidies for EV car purchases and the latest numerous battery plant subsidies......and future infrastructure upgrades..... Governments are taking far more cash out of our pockets than ever before! You should be thanking us ICE folks for the financial support of your car choice.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,730