Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,731  
Remove the EV incentives and that will change things.
I understand you're emotional need to believe it, but in your hearts of hearts you know that is not factual. Since 2008 Tesla has sold every car that they produced where there was rebates or no rebates so that negates your false belief.

I purchased my first EV when there were no rebates. I bought my second TV when my son requested that I buy one. The potential of rebate I appreciate but it was not a requirement. By the way, i have not received any rebate as of today.

I have the Leaf because I envisioned having it. I have the Tesla because my son envisioned me having that Tesla and I made his vision my vision because I see his wisdom and love for me. The Universe works that way by default we know by observing Nature.

I live in a country that provides Social Security by law. That law defines the value of social security and I read that definition. It more or less states that I get 50% of the funds I'm due if I start taking the benefits at age 62. If I wait to age 66 I get 75% of maximum benefits. If I wait till 70 then I get 100% of the social security benefits that I have earned by law. This is really the first time in life that I have taken advantage of compound interest like SS offered. That compound interest bonus finances a new Model Y every 3 years that I keep living.

Over the past 55 years I have purchased many cars and most of them were between $500 to $5,000 each.

Currently I plan to buy a new Tesla every 3 years with my Social Security bonus and pass my current one to a family member. When the coming 25% social security reduction occurs I will stretch out the number of years between new purchases until my death because that will terminate my SS income. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,732  
I understand you're emotional need to believe it, but in your hearts of hearts you know that is not factual.
Why do you believe that? Sample size of one here, but I removed the Tesla model X from my list of top large wagon/SUV contenders, when shopping for a new car in 2020, after I realized I was not eligible for the advertised rebates. I have to believe others have done the same.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,733  
Why do you believe that? Sample size of one here, but I removed the Tesla model X from my list of top large wagon/SUV contenders, when shopping for a new car in 2020, after I realized I was not eligible for the advertised rebates. I have to believe others have done the same.
Why do you think Tesla has that X in inventory 3 years later?

Elon Musk was clear there was no reason for the IRA $7500 EV rebate because they were selling everything they built with no rebates in place for a few years.

I bought the y because it was the only car I could get in and out of that has FSD, not due any rebate. Tesla has the only EV ready for prime time.

I see the IRA rebate nothing more than a bribe and a curse on the American taxpayer.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,734  
I understand you're emotional need to believe it, but in your hearts of hearts you know that is not factual. Since 2008 Tesla has sold every car that they produced where there was rebates or no rebates so that negates your false belief.

I purchased my first EV when there were no rebates. I bought my second TV when my son requested that I buy one. The potential of rebate I appreciate but it was not a requirement. By the way, i have not received any rebate as of today.

I have the Leaf because I envisioned having it. I have the Tesla because my son envisioned me having that Tesla and I made his vision my vision because I see his wisdom and love for me. The Universe works that way by default we know by observing Nature.

I live in a country that provides Social Security by law. That law defines the value of social security and I read that definition. It more or less states that I get 50% of the funds I'm due if I start taking the benefits at age 62. If I wait to age 66 I get 75% of maximum benefits. If I wait till 70 then I get 100% of the social security benefits that I have earned by law. This is really the first time in life that I have taken advantage of compound interest like SS offered. That compound interest bonus finances a new Model Y every 3 years that I keep living.

Over the past 55 years I have purchased many cars and most of them were between $500 to $5,000 each.

Currently I plan to buy a new Tesla every 3 years with my Social Security bonus and pass my current one to a family member. When the coming 25% social security reduction occurs I will stretch out the number of years between new purchases until my death because that will terminate my SS income. :)

Car dealers tell President: Customers aren't ready for electric cars​

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/28/car-dealers-electric-evs-*****

Nearly 4,000 U.S. car dealers are asking President to tap the brakes on proposed emissions regulations designed to ensure that two-thirds of new passenger cars are all-electric by 2032.

• Consumers just aren't interested, they say, and electric vehicles (EVs) are stacking up on their lots.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,735  

Gale lives in his own fantasy reality and repeats his " reality" here on TBN once or twice a week with his walk down the yellow brick road. ........no EV rebates/ incentives in North America! I wish it were true !

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,736  

Car dealers tell President: Customers aren't ready for electric cars​

Nearly 4,000 U.S. car dealers are asking President to tap the brakes on proposed emissions regulations designed to ensure that two-thirds of new passenger cars are all-electric by 2032.

• Consumers just aren't interested, they say, and electric vehicles (EVs) are stacking up on their lots.
What % of the the stacking up EVs are Teslas?

Keep in mind non Tesla EVs really only are highly functional for owners charging at home. The makers of the EVs stacking up on dealerships lots do not plan to ship their EVs with Tesla Supercharger connections until 2025 at the earliest.

There are some CCS style fast charging options out there in the USA but their dependability is low.

Who wants to spend $30K - $100K for an EV not ready for a cross country trip today???

Expect to see 10 to $20,000 mark downs on the EVs stacking up on dealer lots today. Don't expect timely warranty service for non Tesla EVs for a few years to come.

Now that Tesla prices are back to or below pre COVID prices makes them less expensive than many similarly trimmed gas cars today.

New 2023 330 mile range Tesla Model Y dual motor long range cars can be had for $42K or less depending on rebates available.. Some are getting new Tesla Model 3's for $30K in this period of deflating car prices.

If one is okay with a non Tesla EV keep your eyes open because many of these non Tesla Supercharger Ready EVs piling up on dealer lots may be priced to sell by years end.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,737  
Tesla's are nice cars but Tesla's are also not ready for cross-country. Tesla's might be good for commuting within a 50 mile range each day but the cost and maintenance would make the Tesla non-practical for most drivers.

The Tesla and all other EV vehicles would not exist today if our tax payers dollars were not used to supplement the costs to the manufactures and buyer. The truth is that Tesla and all the other other EV's will soon lose that tax payer money and that is when they will pretty much go away.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,738  
What % of the the stacking up EVs are Teslas?

Keep in mind non Tesla EVs really only are highly functional for owners charging at home. The makers of the EVs stacking up on dealerships lots do not plan to ship their EVs with Tesla Supercharger connections until 2025 at the earliest.

There are some CCS style fast charging options out there in the USA but their dependability is low.

Who wants to spend $30K - $100K for an EV not ready for a cross country trip today???

Expect to see 10 to $20,000 mark downs on the EVs stacking up on dealer lots today. Don't expect timely warranty service for non Tesla EVs for a few years to come.

Now that Tesla prices are back to or below pre COVID prices makes them less expensive than many similarly trimmed gas cars today.

New 2023 330 mile range Tesla Model Y dual motor long range cars can be had for $42K or less depending on rebates available.. Some are getting new Tesla Model 3's for $30K in this period of deflating car prices.

If one is okay with a non Tesla EV keep your eyes open because many of these non Tesla Supercharger Ready EVs piling up on dealer lots may be priced to sell by years end.
I realize you have Tesla stock investment, but your shilling for the billionaire is over the top. I have to think you are also a paid influencer. Quite frankly like myself many don't trust that Tesla will be a car manufacturer with parts and service ten years from now , because Ego Musk will likely get bored and sell it off and car owners will be stuck with a " beta " rather than a "Vhs" or the market will further stall. That's why the public is far more likely to wait for the established car manufacturers like Toyota or Ford and GM that are trusted to back their product and have service centres for years to come. This is all assuming EVs become the majority future ......meanwhile as the world sits on the precipice of World War 3 , politicians will have far more pressing issues to control , rather than pressing EV mandates. So ICE will probably be the more secure investment for the public shopping cars and dealing with the strife on our streets and economic impacts over next decade.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,739  
Saw on FOX that the plan to add thousands of chargers to the interstate system is going as expected from an administration staffed with morons. Part of the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program that passed with bi-partisan support. Boy I despise RINO's.

Since the money was approved, not a single charger has been installed.

I am sure it must be Tromps fault.

There has been $130 billion dollars thrown at EV's through stuff like this and incentives. What a waste of money.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,740  
Elon Musk was clear there was no reason for the IRA $7500 EV rebate because they were selling everything they built with no rebates in place for a few years.
Elon says a lot of things. Sometimes they're even true, for a few of his customers.

I bought the y because it was the only car I could get in and out of that has FSD, not due any rebate.
Understood. But you're one person, with your own individual reasons. It does not invalidate @shooterdon's assertion that removing the EV incentives will change sales numbers, as many are indeed factoring the rebates and other incentives into their purchase decision.

When I looked at the 2020 X Performance in late 2019, Tesla was advertising it all over for something below $85k. I don't remember the exact cost, but I was only looking at cars $65k - $85k, so it was somewhere in that range. However, this included "implied savings" and a rebate for which I was not eligible, as well as cash back if you used their financing, which ultimately made the stupid thing cost more in the end. The actual cash sale quote I received was $108,490, for the exact configuration they were deceptively advertising in the low-$80k's. I have never seen any other car brand with such a wide gap between truth and reality.