Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,751  
Someone somewhere always decides not to buy a vehicle another decided to purchase.

Doesn't change the fact Tesla had no trouble finding a buyer for the 2020 X you declined to to purchase. You are pretending because you didn't buy, that vehicle sat lingering on the lot.
Fair point. I know enough to not assume the vehicle sat on the lot, I know Tesla is production-limited today, and probably were in early 2020 as well. So I guess it's not a discussion of what they did sell, but what they could or should sell, if they could actually get their production firing on all cylinders to keep up with order interest.

So, I guess we're both making true statements, but perhaps talking about different things: Tesla could sell more cars with incentives, but they won't sell more cars than they can build.

You know I work in engineering and manufacturing. Saying we sell everything we build, only because we've failed to set up production to handle demand, is not the same as building everything we can sell.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,752  
Tesla sells everything they make. Around here all of the sawmills sell all of the sawdust they make too.
Tesla doesn't make carbon credits, the federal government does 😅 Then they give them away to so-called green companies. I hear farmers have even figured out a way to get carbon credits given to them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,753  
Whenever whatever one is saying wonders all over the map, one statement not related to the next, it is a word salad.
I think you meant " wanders" all over the map, but then you do make one wonder where your coming from in your salad world . ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,754  
So you don't really know anything about Teslas. Not a question.

Believe my first 500 mile day in my Model S 85 was in 2015 or 2016. I spent 90 minutes charging en route.

Tesla thrived for years having burned trough the initial 200,000 tax credits. Then along came the Bidiot who restored EV tax credits to Tesla because it looked bad for Tesla to be thriving without and others to be struggling even with tax credits.
I have research Tesla specs and my daughter inlaw has one that I checked out.

EV's have a long way to go before they can become mainstream if at all. Most likely a newer technology will be developed that will leave the current EV's in the ash heap of history.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,755  
Elon says a lot of things. Sometimes they're even true, for a few of his customers.

Understood. But you're one person, with your own individual reasons. It does not invalidate @shooterdon's assertion that removing the EV incentives will change sales numbers, as many are indeed factoring the rebates and other incentives into their purchase decision.

When I looked at the 2020 X Performance in late 2019, Tesla was advertising it all over for something below $85k. I don't remember the exact cost, but I was only looking at cars $65k - $85k, so it was somewhere in that range. However, this included "implied savings" and a rebate for which I was not eligible, as well as cash back if you used their financing, which ultimately made the stupid thing cost more in the end. The actual cash sale quote I received was $108,490, for the exact configuration they were deceptively advertising in the low-$80k's. I have never seen any other car brand with such a wide gap between truth and reality.
Tesla did take over the Solyndra real estate from the signage I see from the freeway.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,756  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,757  
Before all the special blends gas price wars were common... If they couldn't compete on price they competed on trading stamps, table ware, toys, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but pandemic era refineries lost a bundle as demand collapsed?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,758  

One tough truck!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,759  

Broke Tesla owners!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,760  
Must be a lot of them here.

On the way home tonight at the stoplight Tesla on 2 left lanes, 1 ahead of me turning right and 2 going past me.

So 5 at one city stoplight… dozens in the neighborhood making them very popular in the SF Bay Area… never seen one at local charging stations adjacent… mostly Leaf and Bolt