Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,871  

Lots of people think of Tesla as a car company. The new Mexican Tesla factory is to be staffed with 5000 humans and 5000 robots.

Electricity is expensive, a Robot has to do what a robot has to do to make ends meet.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,872  
Electricity is expensive, a Robot has to do what a robot has to do to make ends meet.

I'm starting to understand why some live in fear of Tesla. They're starting to realize that sooner or later they're going to be riding in a Tesla come hell or high water unless death gets there first. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,873  
I'm starting to understand why some live in fear of Tesla. They're starting to realize that sooner or later they're going to be riding in a Tesla come hell or high water unless death gets there first. :)

I also worry about AI, from dystopian endings for man, as well as eventual robot rights questions.
I Robot the movie @15 years

AI the movie, and even Star Trek's Data make me wonder about whether once fully self aware if they should have rights someday. I also think of the movie WallE How lazy would some people get if a machine does all the work.

OOps this is a battery vehicle thread NOT AI debate thread.

Back to EV's

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,874  

FSD may have saved the day. AI all way every day.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,875  
That's hilarious Gale. It seems Kia and Hyundai have EV's along with several other companies that are getting better reviews than their Tesla counterparts.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,876  
Looks like some people are waking up to reality and voting with their checkbook. People are pulling their money from ESG funds and EV sales are slowing down. People that invested in ESG funds were probably the same ones that were buying EVs. I don't want to finance someone's social agenda with my retirement funds, I would want the best returns possible.

The solar and wind business is tanking, so the ESG fund managers are buying into oil & gas.

"These so-called Article 8 funds, registered as “promoting” ESG goals, had 2.3% of their portfolios in oil and gas assets at the end of the third quarter of 2023, compared to just 1.4% when the EU introduced the SFDR investing framework two and a half years ago, the data from Morningstar showed. The same funds lowered their holdings in renewable energy assets to 0.3% of all holdings compared to 0.4% in early 2021."

The Dramatic Downfall of ESG Investing | OilPrice.com

ESG Funds With $5 Trillion in Assets Boost Exposure to Oil and Gas | OilPrice.com

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,877  
Is not a recall, it is an OTA software update.

Tesla calls “cruise control” “autopilot”.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCAK-23V838-3395.pdf

Looks like a recall to me. The fix is the OTA software update.

1702487460197.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,879  
I also worry about AI, from dystopian endings for man, as well as eventual robot rights questions.
Hey, if we could just go “Ex Machina” before we go “Terminator”, a lot of guys might be okay with that.