Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,912  
Nice try at deflection of a serious safety issue....an issue that has taken 17 lives so far.
So, supposedly 17 people engaged autopilot and were not paying attention and lost their lives. This is Tesla's fault?

I remember same sort of claims blaming radios built into cars. Driver would be distracted tuning another station. Or singing to the music. Or cussing the news.

And cruise control.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,913  
I'm not buying either of the $6k autopilot options.

I didn't either. My car had an update available the night before the News on this mandatory? update.
I installed 2023.44.1 IIRC

Just wondering what version of software is factory installed on the new Y, since some reports are that Tesla can not sell any more new cars, unless the update consists /addresses whatever the Fed is demanding.

Has Tesla pushed your delivery day out?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,914  
So, supposedly 17 people engaged autopilot and were not paying attention and lost their lives. This is Tesla's fault?

I remember same sort of claims blaming radios built into cars. Driver would be distracted tuning another station. Or singing to the music. Or cussing the news.

And cruise control.

And cruise control.
How callous of you......fortunately the Federal Government Safety people think the lives of those drivers in the Tesla or future drivers behind the Tesla stopping radically or pedestrians in the crossings are important . Here us some of the hundreds of articles.
Tesla recalls 2 million vehicles to limit use of Autopilot feature after nearly 1,000 crashes MSN MSN
Tesla forced to recall just about every car it has ever built

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,915  
Who just spent $100,000 on a Tesla? Not me. No where near.
Hmmm according to your past older post you spent $100,000 on your Tesla S a few years ago.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,916  
Hmmm according to your past older post you spent $100,000 on your Tesla S few years ago.
Screenshot_20231214-091316_Samsung Internet.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,917  
That's amazing! Since they're only $42,000 now for most people in the USA. A don't know about you dudes from Canada.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,918  

How callous of you......fortunately the Federal Government Safety people think the lives of those drivers in the Tesla or future drivers behind the Tesla stopping radically or pedestrians in the crossings are important . Here us some of the hundreds of articles.
Tesla recalls 2 million vehicles to limit use of Autopilot feature after nearly 1,000 crashes MSN MSN
Tesla forced to recall just about every car it has ever built

Also to be considered is how many miles have been travelled by Tesla vehicles something North of 22 Billion and over 3.3 Billion while under Auto pilot. Also that If you are involved in an accident you are more likely to survive statistically speaking. When the Model S roof roll over was tested for strength The car broke the testing machine. They are also one of the most roll over resistant cars.
The Y is an IIHS TOP Safety Pick + vehicle.

The Earlier Model S was the car GrumpyCat was referring to.

Pricewise: right from Tesla's order page... New Inventory Model Y rear drive and AWD Long Range models in stock.

Results

$7,500 Federal Tax Credit
All new Model Y vehicles currently qualify for a federal tax credit for eligible buyers.
6 Months Free Supercharging
Receive 6 months of free Supercharging by taking delivery of Model Y or Model 3 by Dec 31.
Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive
$43,000
$46,990

New Inventory Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive Edition
Range (EPA est.)
135 mph
Top Speed
6.6 s
0-60 mph
Autopilot
30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Tow Hitch

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$52,540 This does not take any tax reduction possibility into consideration

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,919  
Also to be considered is how many miles have been travelled by Tesla vehicles something North of 22 Billion and over 3.3 Billion while under Auto pilot. Also that If you are involved in an accident you are more likely to survive statistically speaking. When the Model S roof roll over was tested for strength The car broke the testing machine. They are also one of the most roll over resistant cars.
The Y is an IIHS TOP Safety Pick + vehicle.
Great safety points.....but you forgot the other people on the roads that are at risk if FSD / Auto missreads cross traffic .......and the biggest concern is that Tesla drivers over indulge on its capabilities. No different than what happened with cell phones in lap use in cars. ......over confidence that it won't happen to me , I will look up at the right time and correct any problem in time. The tech of FSD is not ready yet for those millennials and younger to do their texting while FSD drives. But they will do exactly that in large numbers. At the risk of everyone else. The NHTSA had to step in and is even leaving the safety file open so Tesla takes them seriously.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,920  
I didn't either. My car had an update available the night before the News on this mandatory? update.
I installed 2023.44.1 IIRC

Just wondering what version of software is factory installed on the new Y, since some reports are that Tesla can not sell any more new cars, unless the update consists /addresses whatever the Fed is demanding.

Has Tesla pushed your delivery day out?
No, actually I did. Was going Wednesday but realized I had a doctor's appointment that took a month to get. New car or health? Health won. Pick up still on for tomorrow, Saturday.

Car is in my app but doesn't list software version. Not fully in my app yet.

My "autopilot" is only adaptive traffic-sensitive cruise. Don't know if it has any steering assist. Some things are not clear in the owner's manual.

Would seem I have a heated steering wheel. Didn't know that when buying. But Homelink is an expensive option so I bought a new clicker for $27, screw Homelink.