Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,931  
To me the EV phenomenon with FSD, AI and sophisticated computerization is a study in dysgenics. Think about it: A century ago with car ownership came the owner's knowledge of at least the basics of how to hand crank and do maintenance especially tune-ups, lubrication, spare tire changing, then manually opening windows, etc. So the few wealthy had a human chauffeur/mechanic who took care of all mechanics allowing the owner simply to ride. The majority of owners had to have basic troubleshooting skills and knowledge of tools, fluids, etc.
Now the contrivance has superior intelligence over the operator! The gravitation is for the car to do all the thinking while all the know nothing driver needs to do is ride in comfort! The car itself is the chauffeur and unnecessary for the owner to know much of anything or get soiled hands.
Weird isn't it?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,932  
To me the EV phenomenon with FSD, AI and sophisticated computerization is a study in dysgenics. Think about it: A century ago with car ownership came the owner's knowledge of at least the basics...
Adam Carolla, comedy writer and serious car nut, once did a bit about explaining the current state of driving to future generations:

"Dad, what kept the cars from crashing into each other?"
- "Well, we painted a yellow line down the middle of the road."
"And that's where they put the barriers to separate lanes?"
- "No, we just stayed on our own side of the line."
"But what kept the cars apart? Wasn't the closing speed between cars over 100 mph?"
- "Yeah, we just steered to stay on our side of the line, usually."

If someone could find audio/video of this bit, it's funnier than I make it sound.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,933  
Grumpycat you can save a bit more?

Gale, myself, and Tradosaurus forgot to use referral points deal.

Hope you use yours, it may pay for a wall connector or something else.
I think the contract is signed and sealed. There is some sort of "loyalty points" for having been a Tesla owner for 9 years and 364 days. Don't think an existing owner can use a referral from himself or another, and in 10 years only one has used my referral. I got an Elon signature Wall Connector.

One thing I tell myself is that I was expecting to pay full MSRP and get $4500 for my unrepaired S. I got $3500 off and deleted a $1000 option (black/white interior). So I got $4500 and got to keep the S. Gave the S to my sister because she wanted it, seemed the right thing as she drove 1450 miles round trip to come help me after my health scare. 1450 miles in an X on autopilot.

Long ago she ridiculed my S as an extravagance but didn't decline a short drive. Her memorable comment, "My husband can not be allowed to drive one of these." Then she ordered a 3 on the 2nd day (that is late) of pre-orders. Got anxious about delivery time, about getting it before Federal tax credits expired, so she jumped and bought a demo X. Then when the 3 became available she bought that too. So in a few days when the sale is finalized she will be the owner of an S, 3, and X. And a Solar City PV system on her house, and (2) Powerwalls. All I've had the past 10 years is one old S. Two new motorcycles, a new Subaru, and a new truck. And 572 acres.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,934  
Darwin. Is not just a good idea, it’s the law.
1702651974734.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,937  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,938  
Here's a Financial Times article highlighting the substantial China Gov money supporting companies like BYD. ........... so that China stays ahead of US companies and prevents the rest of the world from getting fair piece of the pie. They are already doing that with batteries and resource metals.....do we really need China to get more of global industry export product money......at the expense of jobs everywhere ? Made in China 2025 plan thrives with subsidies for tech and EV makers

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,940  
Here's a Financial Times article highlighting the substantial China Gov money supporting companies like BYD. ........... so that China stays ahead of US companies and prevents the rest of the world from getting fair piece of the pie. They are already doing that with batteries and resource metals.....do we really need China to get more of global industry export product money......at the expense of jobs everywhere ? Made in China 2025 plan thrives with subsidies for tech and EV makers

Anyone remember this: