Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,121  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,122  
Yesterday received.an automated update.

Currently reports Unwrapping Present 2023.44.30.5.1

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,124  
You don't have the Dashcam enabled? We'd love to see this!
I did enable it recently and will see if it is captured any thing. Most trips I see 2-5+ deer typically. This is the first time the car stopped by itself. I expect that is due to the deer being partly in the lane not just on the side of the road eating.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,126  
Most of that nightmare, other than the Lightning dropping it's range by a full 3rd was due to Electrify America, a 100% owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Group of America.
Which the Federal Government agreed to let VW use over $2B in diesel emission fines to finance. In lieu of making payments to the Treasury.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,127  
I did enable it recently and will see if it is captured any thing. Most trips I see 2-5+ deer typically. This is the first time the car stopped by itself. I expect that is due to the deer being partly in the lane not just on the side of the road eating.
Is my understanding on such events it captures 10 minutes in protected files. Otherwise it records continuously overwriting non-protected video. There are settings you can manually tag a segment for protection, and/or honk horn to protect.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,128  
Yesterday received.an automated update.

Currently reports Unwrapping Present 2023.44.30.5.1

Automated? as in you did not select Install update from the car's touch screen? Never had an automated update yet.
I did not check my car today. Already had 2 updates in the last couple weeks.
Let us Know what the update description is.
Which the Federal Government agreed to let VW use over $2B in diesel emission fines to finance. In lieu of making payments to the Treasury.

All True.
But why do such an absolutely abysmal job at maintaining and operating the business.
VW is literally ticking off their own clients that bought ID vehicles from VW.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,129  
Automated? as in you did not select Install update from the car's touch screen? Never had an automated update yet.
I did not check my car today. Already had 2 updates in the last couple weeks.
Let us Know what the update description is.

All True.
But why do such an absolutely abysmal job at maintaining and operating the business.
VW is literally ticking off their own clients that bought ID vehicles from VW.
I should have said I received update automatically. It was a notification on my screen last night that that version was ready to install but I had to initiate the install.

Normally I'm part too far away from the house for the car to detect Wi-Fi signal, but I had parked in a different place and that was what happened. That's and I called it automatic.

It was about 1:00 a.m. before I ran the update and that was the first one my wife had ever sat through and she was wanting to know what all the noise was and because those thuds are pretty strong. I think that is from the contractors grabbing and releasing, doors locking unlocking, radio playing, etc. apparently Tesla test everything in the update that it can before it gives you back control of the car.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,130  
Merry Christmas to the regulars on this thread ! And specifically to the Tesla owners, I am glad Santa didn't switch over to EV yet or else he wouldn't be done deliveries until New Years due to waiting at Chargers.....But maybe the speed from rooftop to rooftop would be quicker and it all averages out overall. ;) Cheers !!