Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,201  
No. It's good, as well as EV car, battery, solar panel, wind turbine manufacturing and all forms of electricity production. Deforestation for solar farms also helps. It's "The Green New Deal" .

Lots of Completely unused Deserted Desert spaces out there if wanting to build large solar facilities.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,202  
It didn't seem to hurt the stock price much.
That's because the investors know that they have to get off their seat of Doolittle and get to pushing out EVs as fast as they can to save the company.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,203  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,205  
Toyota new ICE investment.

[/QUOTE]

Toyota made some great inline engines as far as longevity and reliability. (22R comes to mind)
They were Good at keeping the transmission mounting standardized like GM did for years allowing for swaps. That new engine looks Very complicated bet it is a challenge for servicing. I did head gaskets on a Toyota V6 Four runner a while back, not exactly the easiest engine to work on.
I think we put over 20 hours of labor in on it.

Not all Musk projects work out.

Hyperloop 1 shut down

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,206  
Heck, I could not get the Sync system on a 2016 F150 to work more than a few times to connect cells phones. And they want me to trust having everything done by FSD?

No thanks.
Ford Sync is a textbook example of "sucks" and "how not to do it."

Way back in it's beginnings, perhaps 2008? 2010? Ford Sync was to be the flagship shining example of Embedded Windows. It was so bad that Ford blamed users and offered 3 hour training sessions in how to use. Microsoft was forced to send teams of Embedded Windows experts to Ford to work the bugs out of Sync (and Embedded Windows).

Ultimately Ford hired QNX, a reputable real time OS maker who bought Blackberry, or Blackberry bought QNX? They had the tools and skills to weed out the bugs and corner conditions the software could find itself with no way out.

As for Bluetooth, no matter the OS that is a can of worms. Millions of lines of code. And ultimately most everyone has to implement an exception table so as to handle every version of Android OS and iOS differently.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,207  
I like the last over the air update that mounts side view mirrors in the middle of the dash and if it is not clear you get a red band down the side of the internal side view mirror view

So if there's something that keeps you from turning right or left, you get to see that visual in your face in the middle of the dash.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,208  
I like the last over the air update that mounts side view mirrors in the middle of the dash and if it is not clear you get a red band down the side of the internal side view mirror view

So if there's something that keeps you from turning right or left, you get to see that visual in your face in the middle of the dash.
If you can't move your eyes and head one inch either way to review your mirrors then you need to be taking the bus.