Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,451  
I get gas on my route I drive by 6 gas stations. Still only 5 minutes to fill about 8- 10 gallons....
It still takes at least 5 minutes to turn off the road, park in front of a pump, then after buying gasoline to return to the road. Then 5 minutes at the pump. Is not the claimed 5 minute diversion.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,452  
It still takes at least 5 minutes to turn off the road, park in front of a pump, then after buying gasoline to return to the road. Then 5 minutes at the pump. Is not the claimed 5 minute diversion.
No I turn right off the road into the station Its only 5 minutes if nobody else is at the pumps...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,456  
I said from the time you divert from route, not starting the clock after one has parked at a gas pump. And continuing until one has resumed route where one left off.
Ok...gas station is right on road I pass every day...in fact many stations. 45 m.p.h. limit there, pump (I could measure) about 100ft off of road. So I'll time again pulling over to pump & back again. Oh...I just looked it up for your enjoyment: "In Edmunds brake testing, an Accent sedan (with the optional rear disc brakes) came to a stop from 60 mph in 120 feet, an average distance for this class of car". The 0-60 m.p.h. time is 8.6 seconds, braking 60-0 is faster...but we're talking 45-0 then 0-45. I'll be more than generous...WAY more...so let's say add 30 seconds stopping at pump then back on road...so 2:52+0:30= 3min. 24 seconds total.
Is that better now?
I now added 400 mile range in less than 5 minutes. Now...tell me about the EV that will do that?
Oh...wait! You'll reply about how you can plug it in in 15 seconds! Then charge overnight, unplugging in 15 seconds...right?
So pull in, stop, get out, get cable & plug in.
Where's the 400 mile 5 minute supercharger? (Batteries would explode).

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,457  

2024 EV tax credit info from a straight shooter.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,458  

2024 EV tax credit info from a straight shooter.
The short version is fewer EVs for credit, but 19 qualify. Federal & state $10,000 total...still $150K ind., $300K married AGI cap...so only those paying at least $7,500 fed, $2,500 state qualify. Those over AGI limits (i.e. the highest tax payers) do not qualify for a credit!
EV purchasers who recieve the credit should thank the high AGI taxpayers who never will buy an EV for their credit since their tax paid is giving out the credits from revenue pool.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,459  
It’s a car! It’s a pickup! No, wait… it’s ActiveSphere!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,460  
I said from the time you divert from route, not starting the clock after one has parked at a gas pump. And continuing until one has resumed route where one left off.
What a silly concept to add on diversion time . If that was the case then major diversion time would need to be added for EVs on road, and also considering the extra consternation EV users need to use EV screens or cell phones to reduce range anxiety to check where next charging station on away from home trips, then all that time would need to added to EV " fill" times. But that would be silly , so keep it simple and comparable by time waiting at pump or charger . Quite frankly I have zero diversion time , gas stations are on my way to anywhere.