Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,812  
No, inflation-adjusted cost per kWh will always fall with increased production. Economics 101, economies of scale.

If you're making a billion of anything, whether kilowatts of Furbies, you can leverage better economy than if you're making a thousand. That covers the generation side, mostly.

On the transmission side of the equation, cost is fixed, the wires are there and being underutilized at night. Any usage that reduces the max/min ratio will better utilize this fixed cost, amortizing the same dollars spent over a larger MWh count.
We found a modest incremental increase would necessitate huge infrastructure upgrade cost.

The available power was already utilized to the max so extending service, larger transformer, larger cables and new switch gear.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,813  
We found a modest incremental increase would necessitate huge infrastructure upgrade cost.

The available power was already utilized to the max so extending service, larger transformer, larger cables and new switch gear.
If we are already at peak capacity, the upgrades may be inevitable, either way. In that case, increased overnight usage and reduced max/min ratio would still lessen the sting of those costs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,814  
To attract customers like you smart restaurant / shop have to made their own chargers.
Here biggest / wealthiest retailers (like IKEA) have made them for free. If restaurant is not that big, they always can reserve few parking spots for EV, have energy company come over to install chargers there with their own payment system
Energy company even will pay some rent for that and some % from sold electricity. At least that is how it works here

As I am using to say - EV are not for pus***
If person dont want to know how his car works - better stick with Toyota

That is so obvious, I am surprised we have to talk about this

here big boys say - electricity from nukes cost like 0.1€/kwh, transmission - another 0.1€
Considering all investments solar is a bit cheaper, like 0.08 €/kwh. And no transmission as farm is in your backyard

Then there are some political BS about how good / bad nukes are. Consider - Germany banned them, meantime France have like 50 stations and are making more
Do those same free charger businesses provide free gasoline? If not I wouldn't patronize them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,815  
Oh, definitely. Let's not forget... politics! I'm laying out the "all things equal" case, whereas things like politics, corruption, and other forms of human intervention can always create a "not all things equal" scenario.
I can't reply any better than Betty Davis:

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,816  
Do those same free charger businesses provide free gasoline? If not I wouldn't patronize them.

Looks like you need to boycott a bunch of places according to this map!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,817  
For my new office building I am planning free charging spot for customers.

They might spend with us like 1 hour - talking with sales, picking up parts, etc. That charging session might cost to me like €1. But customer will get energy for 50 .. 60 km. For sure that is something positive for customer

And frankly - coffee for customers could cost +/- the same 😁 And nobody is rising an eye for that 😁

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,818  
It looks like a lot, and there are until you zoom in. Nowhere we go anyway. Even so, apparently it adds 35 miles range(?)...so give me a gallon of gasoline.
Nothing is free. Someone somewhere pays.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,819  
Oh, definitely. Let's not forget... politics! I'm laying out the "all things equal" case, whereas things like politics, corruption, and other forms of human intervention can always create a "not all things equal" scenario.
Good point ! Actually I suspect in ten years the world will be a serious mess , Iran etc will lead to Nuke type war. So while 1st world countries are focusing on Green , Greta/Gore EV narrative, Our populations are distracted . In ten years we might well be counting on our ICE vehicles and hoarded gas or fuel stills as means to move around to survive . Us Rural folks will be targets.....but then maybe I read too much Stephen King. ( or the Book of Revelations)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,820  
For my new office building I am planning free charging spot for customers.

They might spend with us like 1 hour - talking with sales, picking up parts, etc. That charging session might cost to me like €1. But customer will get energy for 50 .. 60 km. For sure that is something positive for customer

And frankly - coffee for customers could cost +/- the same And nobody is rising an eye for that
Will you provide free gasoline also? If not...why? (Serious question).