Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,891  
We have 3F-380V and that's very convenient. With only 25A inlet it can run both car's charging and heat pump
Americans are too stupid to deal with that kind of voltage. We still have 2-prong plugs everywhere.

"In the United States, there are approximately 1000 deaths per year, as a result of electrical injuries. Of these, approximately 400 are due to high-voltage electrical injuries, and lightning causes 50 to 300. There are also at least 30,000 shock incidents per year that are non-fatal."
* From the National Institute of Health.

Imagine adding 30,000 deaths to that by going to higher voltages.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,892  
I am just wondering, why don't you increase V rather than I ?
To me insulation is cheaper than cooper conductor, at least what I have heard, nobody is stealing cables for plastic 😁

We have 3F-380V and that's very convenient. With only 25A inlet it can run both car's charging and heat pump
Yep… in Austria also have 3 phase 380v and the conductors for all the circuits are reduced due to higher voltage.

My guess is nothing is changing but I was wrong once.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,893  
Americans are too stupid to deal with that kind of voltage. We still have 2-prong plugs everywhere.

"In the United States, there are approximately 1000 deaths per year, as a result of electrical injuries. Of these, approximately 400 are due to high-voltage electrical injuries, and lightning causes 50 to 300. There are also at least 30,000 shock incidents per year that are non-fatal."

Saw ambulance down the street… the high school teens had a garage band in the detached garage.

Last year we had record rain and the garage had 2” of standing water but the multi tap power outlet was under water and one of the teens stepped into the puddle with bare feet to move equipment and knocked out from shock…

He is ok but family wanted to sue property owner for medical.

The teens ran electric cord ran from house to garage…

City came out and found no code violation…

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,894  
What I find interesting is that the MSM is being less than flattering about EV's lately. For a group that normally touts the "party line", they seem to be realizing a few bits of reality.

I wonder if that is due to their hatred of Musk, and his transformation of Twitter (showing us what twits the old guard was). After all, Tesla is the only reasonably successful EV option in the US. The Chicago "Tesla graveyard" story seems to support that "retribution". But most EV's are Teslas, so maybe it was just how it played out.

Stories about the Big Three scaling back EV plans are laced with more reality. Which is, most Americans are not drinking the EV Kool-Aid. For companies focused on quarterly earnings, EV's are not making business sense. Couple that with the unknown if there is a change in 2024, and companies are reluctant to make major investments. Doing what is right for 2035 or 2050, does not matter if the company tanks.

I would be 100 in 2050, so I don't care. I hope to be around in 2035 and chuckle at the debacle that will play out in CA. If there is a new Administration in 2024, the EV push will slow to a gentle nudge. The consequences to EV conversion will be felt for at least 6 years. If the new Administration lasts more than 4 years. The impact on EV's will be devastating. Loss of government funding/subsidies and gas at $2.50/gal will create a double whammy.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,895  
My sister in law wants a EV but nothing associated with Musk…

Not sure what they will end up with but mums the word from me…

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,896  
My sister in law wants a EV but nothing associated with Musk

Not sure what they will end up with but mums the word from me…

She vote for the current occupant in the WH and got the jab?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,897  
Saw ambulance down the street… the high school teens had a garage band in the detached garage.

Last year we had record rain and the garage had 2” of standing water but the multi tap power outlet was under water and one of the teens stepped into the puddle with bare feet to move equipment and knocked out from shock…

He is ok but family wanted to sue property owner for medical.

The teens ran electric cord ran from house to garage…

City came out and found no code violation…
Probably why their kid acted stupid.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,898  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,899  
I am just wondering, why don't you increase V rather than I ?
To me insulation is cheaper than cooper conductor, at least what I have heard, nobody is stealing cables for plastic 😁

V2 Superchargers (the 150 kW) run 400 VDC 300A.

I don't know what the V3 Supercharger (250 kW) does.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,900  

Good points.....now add a few hundred thousand diy types that poorly install their EV chargers over the next ten years and get zapped with 30amps from their homemade elec dryer "extension cord" concoction . That might be a few more thousand deaths.