Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,911  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,912  
Doctors have money, working stiff's don't. Simple answer. I suspect that will change as well.
Just a sampling of EV cars here this morning where I can get profile pictures so no license plate shots.

One of the two Lucid Grand Tourings here this morning.

Attachments

• F421AD16-25EE-44D5-9552-4CD61F32C173.jpeg
    F421AD16-25EE-44D5-9552-4CD61F32C173.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • F90FC64C-C220-4FDB-AB8D-2B51B8478A97.jpeg
    F90FC64C-C220-4FDB-AB8D-2B51B8478A97.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • B656FD40-4984-41A4-B055-F8AD10BD7BE1.jpeg
    B656FD40-4984-41A4-B055-F8AD10BD7BE1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 0D49F11C-C188-446F-BF18-738E1FCAC696.jpeg
    0D49F11C-C188-446F-BF18-738E1FCAC696.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,914  
It's warming up around here a bit so the no charge debacle will come to an end, only to repeat itself next winter once again. It's my contention that people never learn from their mistakes today.

Recently, In my case it worked out just the opposite.

Elderly FIL house water pipes froze. We were not planning to travel that day so we did not plug in block heaters.

Neither Cummins would start. With a battery charger and block heater in an hour or two sure they would.
Did not want a bunch of dirt from crawling around under a house all over the new Tesla interior but it cleaned up easily.

Tesla was sitting unheated and had an interior temp of -17F, 10 minutes and toasty warm.
Quick trip to help Dad in law and back home.

Sure the car ate over a KWH per mile but who cares, it worked without any BS.

Doesn't mean I think any less of the trucks, just used it to get a ton of energy logs the day before the cold snap hit.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,915  
Shell Starts Layoffs in Search of Efficiencies | OilPrice.com

Sounds like producers are starting to focus more on business than the woke noise makers.

Musk has been asking them to do this for a couple decades. If we keep risking WW3 and not focusing our fossil fuels requirements we may get where national security needs can't be met.

IRA is shaping up to be a national disaster. The NA and EU automakers have already succeeded to China Even if they have not realized it yet. Automotive infrastructure is being put in place that may never be implemented production wise.

With GM and Ford refusing to compete against Tesla and now they're out of money. We're in a world hurt and we can already see the layoffs that are happening to US automotive workforce. Today informed money only wants to buy Tesla EVs and rightfully so. Spending $7,500 to encourage the sale of half baked prototype EVS is a waste. All we had to do as we had been clearly informed is let the EV industry grow themselves on their own and then we could have some quality products from all manufacturers not just Tesla.

Massive knee jerk reactions is screwing over our kids and risking our national security.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,916  
Of course the other choice which is what could and should happen a year from now is forget this climate/EV nonsense, pump our own petroleum, produce our own ICE vehicles returning things to normalcy. Let those enamored with battery cars have them. Choices! Whatever works best for each vehicle owner let them have it.
The current problem as I see it is the car manufacturers are trying to keep up with compliance mandates which is incredibly expensive.
Less government intervention means better choices for everyone.
History does repeat itself. Just over a century ago in the United States there were over 2,000 car manufacturers. Why? Because of this fast, enormous change from horse drawn to cars and everyone wanted in on the action. As we all know the vast majority merged or bankrupted.
If the government left businesses alone and let things change naturally and slowly all would be well.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,917  
Shell Starts Layoffs in Search of Efficiencies | OilPrice.com

Sounds like producers are starting to focus more on business than the woke noise makers.

Musk has been asking them to do this for a couple decades. If we keep risking WW3 and not focusing our fossil fuels requirements we may get where national security needs can't be met.

IRA is shaping up to be a national disaster. The NA and EU automakers have already succeeded to China Even if they have not realized it yet. Automotive infrastructure is being put in place that may never be implemented production wise.

With GM and Ford refusing to compete against Tesla and now they're out of money. We're in a world hurt and we can already see the layoffs that are happening to US automotive workforce. Today informed money only wants to buy Tesla EVs and rightfully so. Spending $7,500 to encourage the sale of half baked prototype EVS is a waste. All we had to do as we had been clearly informed is let the EV industry grow themselves on their own and then we could have some quality products from all manufacturers not just Tesla.

Massive knee jerk reactions is screwing over our kids and risking our national security.
Glad to see them focus on the oil and gas industry. Other companies are doing the same now that wind and solar production are not profitable with high prices and high interest rates. Look at all the offshore wind projects being abandoned or having to receive the waiver of the financial assurance for decommissioning costs fee. That will leave taxpayers holding the bag if the project goes belly up.

For those not familiar with the term low-carbon, it refers to green energy.

"Positions in the low-carbon business will be the first to be eliminated, followed by additional job cuts in the corporate affairs division and project and technology departments, Bloomberg’s sources said.

Last year, Shell said it plans to cut 15% of the 1,300 jobs in its Low Carbon Solutions business as it scales back some green energy ambitions and focuses on profitable projects including in the oil and gas sector."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,918  
Of course the other choice which is what could and should happen a year from now is forget this climate/EV nonsense, pump our own petroleum, produce our own ICE vehicles returning things to normalcy. Let those enamored with battery cars have them. Choices! Whatever works best for each vehicle owner let them have it.
The current problem as I see it is the car manufacturers are trying to keep up with compliance mandates which is incredibly expensive.
Less government intervention means better choices for everyone.
History does repeat itself. Just over a century ago in the United States there were over 2,000 car manufacturers. Why? Because of this fast, enormous change from horse drawn to cars and everyone wanted in on the action. As we all know the vast majority merged or bankrupted.
If the government left businesses alone and let things change naturally and slowly all would be well.
Mandates to buy EVS was dead on arrival in flyover country. California may play with a little bit, but they won't ever be serious about it because below is why there is no need for mandates.

Every million new EV sales in the USA is going to displace several tier 3 and tier 2 part suppliers to the legacy makers annually driving up ICEV selling prices due to higher parts cost. Another factor is labor costs will be going down for EV builders while ICE cost will be increasing because their inefficiency factors building ICE cars.

The value buyer like myself just bought the second new car in 50 years. I thought it would be a 2023 RAV4 prime, but when Tesla moved their prices back to pre-pandemic prices the Toyota much less vehicle than the Tesla Model. Y dual motor long range turned out to be and few $1,000 more expensive than the Tesla so that was a no-brainer for me because I need something I could get in and out of easy and I didn't want something that rode like a log wagon. The next group of EV buyers will be those those that are value-minded car shoppers.

I truly doubt if you will ever be forced to buy an EV but I expect it will be your smart brain will be the reason you buy an EV someday.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,919  
Turn your old boat into an expensive EV 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,920  
Mandates to buy EVS was dead on arrival in flyover country. California may play with a little bit, but they won't ever be serious about it because below is why there is no need for mandates.

Every million new EV sales in the USA is going to displace several tier 3 and tier 2 part suppliers to the legacy makers annually driving up ICEV selling prices due to higher parts cost. Another factor is labor costs will be going down for EV builders while ICE cost will be increasing because their inefficiency factors building ICE cars.

The value buyer like myself just bought the second new car in 50 years. I thought it would be a 2023 RAV4 prime, but when Tesla moved their prices back to pre-pandemic prices the Toyota much less vehicle than the Tesla Model. Y dual motor long range turned out to be and few $1,000 more expensive than the Tesla so that was a no-brainer for me because I need something I could get in and out of easy and I didn't want something that rode like a log wagon. The next group of EV buyers will be those those that are value-minded car shoppers.

I truly doubt if you will ever be forced to buy an EV but I expect it will be your smart brain will be the reason you buy an EV someday.
Ah the EV church Reverend has given us the same sermon again ( and again and again) Except you continue to not understand the impact of mandates in your country and my country and Europe......it doesn't matter if they eventually don't follow thru with it, the damage is done, the ICE manufacturers long planning schedules force them into a corner. ....so they try to ride the fence of what the market wants and what the Governments want. .......and a whole other issue is the long term investments Govs are making in battery plants wirh tax payer money , that they can't easilyextract themselves from . ........oh it would of been so much easier on everyone if they had just let the markets decide instead of listening to the squawking three Gs.......the greenies, the greta, and the gore.