Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,961  
You admit they messed up? That Tesla is kicking their bottoms up and down the street?

It is as if you were a manager of a Detroit automaker. You already know the answers so make the car fit your image of an EV.

Why was it only on one side of Chicago? Why never before? Why not in other cities? Why only one night?
Actually without knowing it ( but I am not suprised ;) you just made the case for the gas station model for supercharger stations. They just need a actual employee to be in a building overseeing the superchargers.....1) he could arbitrate how long a person stays parked there, 2) teach those apartment dwelling class how to pre heat and charge properly, 3) provide security from vandals , or disgruntled ICE drivers in snow storms, or disgruntled EV drivers that are limited to 30 percent , 4) sell coffees and chocolate bars to EVers waiting 2 hrs or more, and maybe even sell Tesla tshirts , 5) handout the bathroom keys to the various genders Lib EVers respect. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,962  
You admit they messed up? That Tesla is kicking their bottoms up and down the street?

It is as if you were a manager of a Detroit automaker. You already know the answers so make the car fit your image of an EV.

Why was it only on one side of Chicago? Why never before? Why not in other cities? Why only one night?
It has also happened in Colorado when it got really cold.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,963  
I am done with YouTube jerks spending 30 minutes to deliver 3 minutes of content.
Amen. Here’s one done at my preferred pace.

I wish the captions were in English, so we could know the purpose of that operation.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,964  
Also "Abandoned well" does not generally mean no one paid to seal it end of life.
And even when wells are
capped or sealed they also can fail.
The Interior Department has documented the existence of 130,000 orphaned wells nationwide. An EPA study estimated that there are as many as two to three million wells across the nation.

Okay; an abandoned well is one that is not producing.

Perhaps I should have used the words
”Reclaimed Wellsite” if that keeps you happy.

Reclaiming involves much more than running a mechanical plug. The wells are cemented off, the casings are cut & pulled, all well head items removed and all contaminants removed from the site. The site then gets landscaped & reseeded Or revegetated.

The scenario I originally mentioned will be a common occurrence.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,965  
Lots of high mileage Toyota Prius in Taxi fleets and they have earned a good rep for service... even Hybrid Ford Escapes at one time.

Electric Hybrid can be cost effective in city/commute stop and go.

On the other hand the very high mileage late model Tesla's biggest obstacle is diminishing battery capacity coupled with high battery replacement cost coupled with new car price drop.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,966  
Amen. Here’s one done at my preferred pace.

I wish the captions were in English, so we could know the purpose of that operation.
Apparently an experiment showing fire damage from EV batteries upon impact.
Down below video are comments, some in English, others you translate.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,967  
Hertz is reducing their EV fleet by 1/3. (Not ending EV's in their fleet!)

There are suddenly a lot of recent Model 3's that Hertz is taking to the wholesale auctions.

However ... the rumor is these are all cars that were rented to Uber drivers which accounts for the high mileage on them, often 40k miles/year and sometimes a lot more. Some of them are 2022 M3 with nearly 100k miles. And in the Reddit thread below, some Uber drivers/renters said they often had to charge to 100% on Superchargers twice per day to keep the car in use 12 hours per day to make a living at it. So these are thrashed cars, triple the miles/year of typical family use, careless drivers, and abused batteries.

Hertz bought these at peak prices and now is asking $27k wholesale at auction. This isn't moving many of them when a new Model 3 is near that price.

Summary - not worth buying one of these abused rentals, but this flood will depress used-Tesla prices.

It would depend on the going salvage price?

Today I would think twice before buying any used late model single motor EV including Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,968  
The Interior Department has documented the existence of 130,000 orphaned wells nationwide. An EPA study estimated that there are as many as two to three million wells across the nation.

Okay; an abandoned well is one that is not producing.

Perhaps I should have used the words
”Reclaimed Wellsite” if that keeps you happy.

Reclaiming involves much more than running a mechanical plug. The wells are cemented off, the casings are cut & pulled, all well head items removed and all contaminants removed from the site. The site then gets landscaped & reseeded Or revegetated.

The scenario I originally mentioned will be a common occurrence.
Sorry, that was not meant as a correction to you, just knew it was generally a description that can have more than one interpretation and that there are a bunch of descriptions for well status.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,969  
I am not spending over half an hour to listen to this. If a person cannot cover a subject this simple in less than a page, it is not worth my time.

I am done with YouTube jerks spending 30 minutes to deliver 3 minutes of content.

But I suppose it fits the EV mindset...spend hours to fill your vehicle when the gas pump takes me minutes.

That is why I put a short synopsis for those that don't want to watch it.

edit:
I actually agree with you on youtube vids more and more"creators" and less and less actual info it seems. To many on there just seeing if they can monetize and make a buck.
Cutting vids short myself, as the wife says, you have Real things (work) to get done.

Last edited: