Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,981  
Are we are witnessing the slow death of EV's or the calm before the storm?

Tesla is cutting prices at the expense of profitability. The "legacy" automakers are back peddling and quickly. A new administration will not be EV Kool-Aid drinkers and gas prices will drop. China is set to flood the market and does not answer to shareholders.

Bottom line...most Americans do not want EV's. They may be stupid or ignorant, but they spend their money as they see fit.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,982  
Lower gas prices will kill EV's since the newer fast charger rates are higher than gas. People are reluctant to buy a car that is only cheaper to drive if you're close to home. The govt. subsidizes the fast chargers but the charging companies can set whatever rates they want to.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,983  
Looks like the EV fantasy is going to come crashing down as a boondoggle. Then the taxpayers are left to foot the bill for the charging stations that few people will ever use.
I say improve on the current ICE technology for clean emissions, hybrids and NG powered trucks.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,984  
Is the EV Haters who keep bringing up the claim of impossibly fast pit stops.

Yet I was replying to your comment. I don't really give two shakes what you drive. I've been interested in electric since long before there even was a bandwagon to jump on but the only thing they would be useful for at this point of my life is a local beater vehicle for when I don't need my truck, and they cost too much for that.

Average song on radio is 3 minutes. 10x the average listener's attention span.

The full length "American Pie" was 8:42.

Edit: Knew I was forgetting something: "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida".

Can you fuel your EV from 1/2 full in 8 minutes?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,985  
Lower gas prices will kill EV's since the newer fast charger rates are higher than gas. People are reluctant to buy a car that is only cheaper to drive if you're close to home. The govt. subsidizes the fast chargers but the charging companies can set whatever rates they want to.
Are you posting as a knowledgeable EV owner or just repeating uninformed strangers?

I own two EVS and the price of gas never was on my mind at the time that I purchased either of them. In the Leaf I always charge at home and 90% of the time the Tesla is charged at home and the cost is about $0.03 per mile driven. I have the Tesla for cross country trips in the USA and Canada.and my charging company is Tesla. While I use FSD daily I really like it for cross-country trips because I do not have to do any planning of what roads to take and what chargers to use because Tesla locate and find the best chargers for your trip. Put in your destination and you are good to go if you're with Tesla based on my personal experience for the past year.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,986  
Then there’s the cold weather issues…..

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,987  
Are we are witnessing the slow death of EV's or the calm before the storm?

Tesla is cutting prices at the expense of profitability. The "legacy" automakers are back peddling and quickly. A new administration will not be EV Kool-Aid drinkers and gas prices will drop. China is set to flood the market and does not answer to shareholders.

Bottom line...most Americans do not want EV's. They may be stupid or ignorant, but they spend their money as they see fit.
Have you had your coffee this morning?

Or are you still dreaming about a reality that did not happen?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,988  
1) Gale its Funny how you think only EV owners can comment on EV world being imposed . Hilarious ! 2) the difference between you and most ICE owners is that you enjoy being "driven" , whereas we prefer to enjoy " driving ".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,989  
1) Gale its Funny how you think only EV owners can comment on EV world being imposed . Hilarious ! 2) the difference between you and most ICE owners is that you enjoy being "driven" , whereas we prefer to enjoy " driving ".
Why do think the majority of my tagged and drivable vehicles are ICE?

Why are you resistant to being chauffered by a robot?

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,990  

Why are you resistant to being chauffered by a robot?
My wife already tells me where to turn , where to stop , I don't need a robot to disagree with her ........actually I don't need a robot to decide my trips itinerary I prefer to be flexible and spontaneous. In a couple weeks we leave for Florida, we get to enjoy our options when we see them with zero anxiety and short fuel stops .