Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,991  
All I can add is for 55 years now I've had at home charging, I can add 300+ mile range in way less than 5 minutes at a gas station, and I've never had cold weather starting issues. Never.
2024_01_21_10.16.38.jpg

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,992  
All I can add is for 55 years now I've had at home charging, I can add 300+ mile range in way less than 5 minutes at a gas station, and I've never had cold weather starting issues. Never.View attachment 847864
That sounds great for the past, but you may want be given a little thought to when your wife asks you why she's not being driven around in a smooth talking EV. 😀

Why do you think you spend so much time on an EV thread trying to convince yourself why ICE is still the best way to go at your house?

No one here cares what kind of vehicle you drive be it gas or electric? It's okay to be thinking about have you been going down the right road for the last 55 years or not now that EV sales are growing annually driving up the cost of new ICE vehicles as their volumes continue to decline each year until 2050.

The law of fatal Attraction means that sooner or later you're going to be owning an EV if you keep posting here. 🙂. Your logic is great for getting people interested in EVs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,995  
I’d like to know when charging stations will start posting signs with prices just like gas stations?

Driving in and plugging in only then to find how much doesn’t sit right when filling stations here are required to post the price per gallon including taxes and fees.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,996  
I’d like to know when charging stations will start posting signs with prices just like gas stations?

Driving in and plugging in only then to find how much doesn’t sit right when filling stations here are required to post the price per gallon including taxes and fees.
Perhaps never. Signage laws are getting limiting perhaps. That kind of dynamic information is on the app itself so you know what you're paying before you buy. I know that is the case with Tesla. I know it's about three or four times more than I pay at home through TVA, but that's one of the cheaper options.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,997  
If I had to pay 3-4x what my home electric costs, I’m now spending as much, or more than I am for ICE. As it stands, at home charging vs fuel, home charging is about half what I spend for fuel for the same drive. If I ever had to pay double or triple for charging, it’s no better than ICE in that regard.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,998  
That sounds great for the past, but you may want be given a little thought to when your wife asks you why she's not being driven around in a smooth talking EV. 😀

Why do you think you spend so much time on an EV thread trying to convince yourself why ICE is still the best way to go at your house?

No one here cares what kind of vehicle you drive be it gas or electric? It's okay to be thinking about have you been going down the right road for the last 55 years or not now that EV sales are growing annually driving up the cost of new ICE vehicles as their volumes continue to decline each year until 2050.

The law of fatal Attraction means that sooner or later you're going to be owning an EV if you keep posting here. 🙂. Your logic is great for getting people interested in EVs.
When you make false claims it's more difficult to take your word for other things. When you are called out for making false claims with facts, you immediately try to change the subject rather than admitting your mistake. I work with a person with that exact character flaw. It gets to the point where all respect is lost for any point he tries to make or any opinion he has.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,999  
Perhaps never. Signage laws are getting limiting perhaps. That kind of dynamic information is on the app itself so you know what you're paying before you buy. I know that is the case with Tesla. I know it's about three or four times more than I pay at home through TVA, but that's one of the cheaper options.
Can you access through the car?

I'm still around people who never have had a cell but they do drive...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,000  
Exactly No Trespassing ! That's why us ICE drivers need to clarify or correct some of the things that some of the EV drivers state or exaggerate here on this thread. We already have many Governments lying to us about it ! Consider it a public service to correct them. ;)