Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,012  
That sounds great for the past, but you may want be given a little thought to when your wife asks you why she's not being driven around in a smooth talking EV.

Why do you think you spend so much time on an EV thread trying to convince yourself why ICE is still the best way to go at your house?

No one here cares what kind of vehicle you drive be it gas or electric? It's okay to be thinking about have you been going down the right road for the last 55 years or not now that EV sales are growing annually driving up the cost of new ICE vehicles as their volumes continue to decline each year until 2050.

The law of fatal Attraction means that sooner or later you're going to be owning an EV if you keep posting here. . Your logic is great for getting people interested in EVs.
"Why do you think you spend so much time on an EV thread"?

Comic relief!
Vandals sabotaging chargers in Chicago, robots driving me around!
I keep Windex and paper towels handy for my phone! My wife would say "We build excitement, except now you build it yourself".
View attachment 847897

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,013  
I'll get on the bat phone right away:)

But you know all those other claims are thrown around as facts regularly. At least be brave enough to give a time frame. Virtually anything can happen given infinite time.

I'm "think" these politicians making these end dates will crumble when the future dates arrive unless major battery/charging advances are made.
The end dates will crumble if the right leaders are elected in next two years in both our countries. .......and meanwhile allow the truth about positives and negatives of EVs to be aired.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,014  
I'll get on the bat phone right away:)

But you know all those other claims are thrown around as facts regularly. At least be brave enough to give a time frame. Virtually anything can happen given infinite time.

I'm "think" these politicians making these end dates will crumble when the future dates arrive unless major battery/charging advances are made.
So far California jurisdictions are holding fairly firm...

Referencing the Port of Oakland and the City of Berkeley.

Of course challenges upheld by courts could impact.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,015  

Ouch. What happens if you're "caught" using a 2 stoke weed eater where you live?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,017  
Actually from my understanding of all the yapping going on Elon musk is going to bankrupt Tesla because he's got a big mouth and he's smart and can think for himself.

I think you know 50% or more of the American public are considering getting an EV at some point. So the changeovers at EVs is mentally a done deal.

Most men over 50 years old with an old tractor are never going to own an EV in United States best I can tell.
Latest Pew report I could find was Nov. 1/3 of Americans are considering an EV. Heck I am considering an EV if it is cheap enough to be a disposable car. That does not translate to buying one.

If legacy automakers cannot market a decent product, and it appears they cannot, EVs getting to 50% market share is a wet dream. At least n my lifetime.

BTW, it is quite possible that it is the old guys with tractors who have the resources to buy an EV. You know…guys like you. Most young people I know are unable to afford new cars. If they make the mistake of buying a used EV, they will sour on that choice quickly. I know a guy like that. A few years ago bought a used Prius and bragged for two years about how smart he was. Then he needed an $8000 battery and shut his pie hole.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,018  
Ouch. What happens if you're "caught" using a 2 stoke weed eater where you live?
Depends on who… the Fire Chief in charge of weed abatement publicly said she is interested in vegitation management.

The issues come up when the public complains and Law Enforcement issue a one time warning.

The reality is they are generally far to busy but I know those turned in and warning was the extent… also covers blowers.

Now the port of Oakland terminal is entirely different… non compliant banned from property…

This has already banned older tier trucks… eventually all electric or CNG is what I know.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,019  
My wife already tells me where to turn , where to stop , I don't need a robot to disagree with her ........actually I don't need a robot to decide my trips itinerary I prefer to be flexible and spontaneous. In a couple weeks we leave for Florida, we get to enjoy our options when we see them with zero anxiety and short fuel stops .
Imagine the load that could take off you, if she could just argue with the robot, the entire trip! :D

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,020  

Ahh!!! the Cereal State...fruits, nuts and flakes.

Come down on folks using gas powered lawn equipment but let people stealing less than $900 from stores. go unpunished.

This should be in the "Signs we aren't going to make it" thread.

Last edited: