Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,341  
I am not opposed to EVs, I think they have a place in the automobile market for those that want one. If it works for you, that is great. But one person out in left field promotes a theory and catchy phrase, which helps him sell his books, and you start preaching it as gospel. He also is proposing you don't own a car but subscribe to TaaS, Transportation as a Service, using self-driving vehicles. We see how that is working out. And over 3,000 automobile dealers, who deal with the real world and not theory, send a letter to the President detailing that consumers don't want EVs and they are stacking up on their lots, and you seem to ignore that reality.

Consumers are starting to see the reality of EVs, they are not everything we were told they were going to be. So, in response government entities are forcing the product on consumers by mandates. That should make EVs even more popular.

More than 3,000 auto dealers sign letter opposing *****'s electric vehicle mandate
Randy, I think you know EV stacking up on dealers lots are half baked prototypes that are not ready for prime time yet Plus they're grossly overpriced.

If Mercedes-Benz and Toyota had not sold their interest in Tesla, both companies would be worth billions more today. I hear both companies thought the engineers at Tesla were wet behind the ears and all they wanted to do was argue with them. Now as they are picking up the pieces of their own company EV efforts they may see things differently.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,342  
Well your first paragraph , is completely wrong interpretation of what I said. The second paragraph I am 100 percent positive that Birthday party will be absent the guest of honour. Your third paragraph assumes Tesla needs 10,000 or more fulltime USA engineering jobs and not also contracted to lowest world bidders......and His AI tech will save him employee needs drastically if he isn't exaggerating about his vision .
I'll bet you I get closer than you do. 🙂

With FSD That's one less thing to worry about.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,343  
I'll bet you I get closer than you do. 🙂
The world doomsday clock is at 90 seconds to midnight , I doubt either of us will be debating about new cars of any kind in a decade from now.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,344  
Randy, I think you know EV stacking up on dealers lots are half baked prototypes that are not ready for prime time yet Plus they're grossly overpriced.

If Mercedes-Benz and Toyota had not sold their interest in Tesla, both companies would be worth billions more today. I hear both companies thought the engineers at Tesla were wet behind the ears and all they wanted to do was argue with them. Now as they are picking up the pieces of their own company EV efforts they may see things differently.
EVs are overpriced and under-perform, I will agree. The big advantage Tesla had was providing the Supercharger charging facilities for traveling for Tesla owners. With other makes of EVs being able to utilize the Supercharger network, Tesla will lose that advantage. Now Tesla will have to compete on quality, features, and price. The Cybertruck was 4 years late in delivery and double in price what was first advertised, promise of $40,000 in 2019 vs actual $80,000 in 2023. The new $25,000 model promised in 2025 will need to show up on time and at that price.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,345  
The world doomsday clock is at 90 seconds to midnight , I doubt either of us will be debating about new cars of any kind in a decade from now.
Wow! You are deep into mythology 🙂 written history records that we have been pretty much unchanged for the last 200,000 years. I just do not buy into your Doom and gloom look on life when reading back over your post.

The demise of the ICEV was eazy to see back in 2019 at a glance before I bought the 2016 Leaf SL for $13.5K to serve as a proof of concept in case I was wrong. There are a lot of Bolts out there with replaced batteries but I don't know if their owners are letting them go or hanging on to them because of their value.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,346  
@shooterdon What company do you know that cannot provide service.
Tesla cannot provide service in most of Michigan. The closest service center is over 200 miles from where I live and I am in the middle of the state.

I doubt I have seen more than 20 EVs in the past year.

EVs are decades away from being viable in fly over country unless one of the legacy car manufacturers supports them. Currently most dealers will not make the investment.

A few weeks ago, there was one EV available in the closest city that is 25 miles from me.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,347  
EVs are overpriced and under-perform, I will agree. The big advantage Tesla had was providing the Supercharger charging facilities for traveling for Tesla owners. With other makes of EVs being able to utilize the Supercharger network, Tesla will lose that advantage. Now Tesla will have to compete on quality, features, and price. The Cybertruck was 4 years late in delivery and double in price what was first advertised, promise of $40,000 in 2019 vs actual $80,000 in 2023. The new $25,000 model promised in 2025 will need to show up on time and at that price.
Have you not done a test drive in a Model Y yet?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,348  
Gale .....Mythology ???? Historic records ???? You are way off topic, but perhaps senility does that ;) that sign is why I will win that bet !!! And I also live in a far far safer location on earth . Have you checked your southern border lately.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,349  
Tesla cannot provide service in most of Michigan. The closest service center is over 200 miles from where I live and I am in the middle of the state.

I doubt I have seen more than 20 EVs in the past year.

EVs are decades away from being viable in fly over country unless one of the legacy car manufacturers supports them. Currently most dealers will not make the investment.

A few weeks ago, there was one EV available in the closest city that is 25 miles from me.
Back in 2019 I had to drive 200 mi to St. Louis to look at and drive the first leaf and I bought the sucker and had it back home by midnight on a U-Haul flat trailer. The Nissan dealership was concerned about me and my physical condition if I could even get the sucker back home. 🙂

I agree with your inability to drive more than 25 miles you may should put EVS on hold at this time. Like I said before I expect most baby boomers will die Never owning an EV because of lack of availability. I got lucky because my 2016 Leaf came with a 2020 larger size and new technology battery pack.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,350  
Gale .....Mythology ???? Historic records ???? You are way off topic, but perhaps senility does that ;) that sign is why I will win that bet !!! And I also live in a far far safer location on earth . Have you checked your southern border lately.
I am betting that I win but if you win show up at my funeral home and tell the wife 🙂