Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,431  

This guy one of the calmer EV channels that I like. He tends to cut the BS so may come across a little more boring than some of the ones that are more noise than they are info.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,432  
I would definitely buy a Volt over the that.
I was seriously looking at a Vol a couple years ago and still am very impressed. The drawback I discovered based on talking with the former local Volt Chevy dealership is there's just not many. many dealerships that still have the equipment and everything to work on them. The above link the guy talked a lot of information about GM's hybrids and that while they were very good GM never figured out how to make a profit on them so that's why they've been discontinued over the years. Last decade the local dealership only sold two units in total.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,434  

Why OEM makers knowingly continue to Pay credit card late fees make no sense to me. Why kill off the Bolt just because they did not build it profitable and knowingly support BYD and Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,435  
As a former Blazer owner I like the looks of the BlazerEV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,436  

Why OEM makers knowingly continue to Pay credit card late fees make no sense to me. Why kill off the Bolt just because they did not build it profitable and knowingly support BYD and Tesla.
Yep, I've said it many times, over and over again. Tesla is making money off of regulatory credits from OTHER CAR COMPAINIES, and that money is increasing each year. The world governments are propping up this company allowing them to spend that money on innovation to beat their competition. If it weren't for that, the company would have either failed or been a lot smaller today.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,437  
Yep, I've said it many times, over and over again. Tesla is making money off of regulatory credits from OTHER CAR COMPAINIES, and that money is increasing each year. The world governments are propping up this company allowing them to spend that money on innovation to beat their competition. If it weren't for that, the company would have either failed or been a lot smaller today.
You mean similar to the US taxpayers propping up GM and Chrysler after their bailouts in 2008?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,439  
You mean similar to the US taxpayers propping up GM and Chrysler after their bailouts in 2008?
Let's remember that those bailouts occurred during an extreme recession and helping prevent loss of over a million jobs in autosector and suppliers . Bankruptcy of those 2 and potentially Ford would of decimated America's economy. As it was over 330,000 jobs were lost and it took decade to recover back. In the end over 70% of the bailout funds were paid back. We will never know what impact no bailout would of had on North America by both right wing and left wing governments, but most economists agree now the bailouts were worth it. .......meanwhile the Government money grabbed by Elon is not during a extreme recession and protects minimal USA jobs but does add to Elon's wallet. .....and artificially supports a battery car product that is not neccessary .....( unless you believe in CO2 as pollution narrative Govs are pushing) What did America buy with the auto bailout, and was it worth it? - Marketplace