Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,481  
You are welcome to form your own opinion but you are not welcome to form your own "facts".

Citations required.
That's funny.....there is a link on that post that directly quotes various experts that review the issue a few years later . But you ignore the facts that don't fit your " opinions" . I also could not help but notice that 99 % of all your posts on TBN are on this thread. And the few other posts you have on other threads is mostly just to pontificate further about EVs. I admittedly of late am drawn to this thread to give balance facts / links highlighting shortcomings the EV world and govs are ignoring. However my many years here include many posts for help or providing advice about my tractor or my rtv or my well or my generator or my dogs etc etc.....leads me to ask if your a paid influencer for Tesla ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,482  
Hmm it seems Elon's greed is unfathomable ! Yet he still needs all those tax incentives world wide whether from China or Netherlands or USA etc etc........ MSN Screenshot_20240131-080122_Samsung Internet.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,483  
Opportunity cost is a reflection of time and profit, not costs. It is defined as the opportunities (profit) you are passing over due to a given set of time and/or labor constraints. It has nothing to do with the dollar costs to which one would be referring in a statement like "The only reason a company buys something from another is that it costs less than doing it themselves."
Semantics and gobbledeegook.

Everything has a cost associated with it. Time is money. Not complicated.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#14,484  
He has already done this in the USA for Tesla. He's doing it for all the other brands now. This is one reason the Tesla Model Y is today's best selling diesel, gas or electric car in the world
No I mean billions in investment. Model Y sold respectable in the US, but it’s not the top. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g43553191/bestselling-cars-2023/. The US is very different than Europe and many other western countries because it is so spread out geographically. The reason mass train transportation hasn’t taken off is distance between many major cities….and this could be the reason EVs arent as popular here.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,485  
With all the panic about Electric Vehicles using up all that electricity I urge you to look at the ridiculous amount now being used for bit-coin generating, server farms etc.
The amount and the increase in power they need makes ev charging look like a spit in the ocean.
" they neither sew, nor do they reap...."
regards,

R

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,486  
I’m not as worried about the supply of electricity, as I am the cost of it rising far faster than inflation. Eroding cost savings while removing its alternative fuel source.
One poster made a good comment. Many nations are unlike the US. Some nations are the size of a US state. What works well in one nation, isn’t necessary going to work well here. What works well in a congested city, won’t work as well in 75% of the land mass of the US. My son is 14 years old and often likes to compare the US to other developed nations… not taking into account the differences in those nations, like population and land mass. He likes to paint with a very broad brush, because as worldly as he fancies himself, he really isn’t.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,487  
Compare the land mass and population to that of Australia.

The amount of solar and battery deployment there should be an example. They do well there.

America's milage may vary.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,488  
I guess solar would also depend on how much solar radiation a certain region is exposed to? Like, Seattle, WA compared to any place Arizona? Proximity to the equator?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,490  
Compare the land mass and population to that of Australia.

The amount of solar and battery deployment there should be an example. They do well there.

America's milage may vary.
Try Russia then...