Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,631  
Living in a fantasy "freeman ".....Ignoring the Government's impact on your life is why many people vote wrong. But we will respect your ability to be ignorant. ;)
People always adapt. Most favorably.

Those that do not - whine about it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,632  
So true Winterdeere !!! I am back from my excursion vacation from Canada to Florida 3280 mile round trip. I can categorically state that the Interstates of the USA do not reflect any " death spiral" of the ICE vehicles. And won't for many years to come. Heck I think I saw more Corvettes than I did Teslas, and those EVs I did see were mostly in the cities . Now our priority is "time on road" on a trip like this. I care little if it cost me a few bucks more. Time was always the priority for us three adults in a Grand Cherokee. So we did south trip down with three days ( 2 hotel nights ) the first two days were over 600 miles with 45 minutes of stops , then cruised into Vrbo house early afternoon ) And the reverse heading north home ) I challenge anyone to insert Sault Canada to Cape Coral Florida in the Tesla trip estimator......I am betting it would require an extra overnight hotel cost and much more time each way. We did the round trip 3280 miles for around $480 usd in gas (25 mpg) typically cruised at 75 mph. ......did see one Tesla Charging station behind the McDonald's/gas station on I75 in Kentucky, there was a Tesla and occupant sitting in the one charger operating, ( with one car waiting in line) occupant was still there when we left with gas and takeout . .....NOPE the so called death spiral is just a hope and dream for those that invested in that mode and don't want to be criticized.
So glad you're back wawajake...hope y'all had a nice time!
While you were gone I felt like I was covered in honey then strapped over a fire ant nest.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,633  
Do you think your view on what others should and should not be doing has any validity?

I think every one should do their own thinking. I don't tell others what they can or should do and others don't tell me what I can do as long as we are acting so as not to hurt others.

I have stopped creating fear to live in like in past because I now know FEAR only stands for False Evidence Appearing Real.
Gale, you are wrong again. My views are mine and suit me fine.

I do not care what anyone else thinks. I get my undies in a knot when people who are far dumber than I tell me what I should be doing, thinking or buying...especially government hacks who could not hold down a real job.

And I push back when people use lies and false data to prop up silly conclusions.

You said there were no mandates...I proved you wrong...deal with it.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,634  
If that is the way you see it then that is true in your case then. We design our own freedoms or we design our own prisons The choice is left up to each individual. Having tried it both ways It's my preference to live as a free man.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,635  

CA is in the News once again!
In the first minute the video you posted, the words "mandate" and "ban" were used four times wrt ICE vehicles. You need to contact them and tell them they are wrong...LOL

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,636  
Not speaking to anyone specifically, just the plethora of recent YouTube links: "Death spiral" is becoming nearly as hackneyed a term as "market disrupter". It has been wrongly predicted so many times, on both sides of this debate, that the term has lost all meaning for me.
OMG… I got “likes” from Gale and wawajake, on the same post!!!

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,637  

"Millennials appear to have got the message when it comes to cutting consumption – 80% of male and 79% of female respondents say they are trying to shrink their carbon footprints," Bailey said.
In contrast, just 59% of male boomers were found to be trying to reduce their impact, significantly below their female peers, at 67%."
That's because most Boomers aren't as gullible as many Millennials. ....besides the CO2 farce , many of them seem to be driving the " woke" train too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,638  
OMG… I got “likes” from Gale and wawajake, on the same post!!!
I wasn't surprised at all.
2024_02_29_14.24.10.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,639  
Should have a separate topic on mandates and laws.

Start off with penalties and enforcement.

See how far you all get. LOL.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,640  
Should have a separate topic on mandates and laws.

Start off with penalties and enforcement.

See how far you all get. LOL.
I don't think we'll ever see any laws or mandates on EVS. It'll be at least 2050 before there's enough EVS to go around.